I have had a bad stomach ache for 1 week this morning I had a really black stool what can be the cau

Posted , 4 users are following.

Bad stomach ache for 1 week can't eat when I do tummy hurts worse this morning I had a really black stool.pain is below rib cage more in center of stomach PLEASE HELP

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

sweet heart could be mainy things but you need to go to the doctors i don tsay this lightly because i am not there greatest fan 

but this needs proper advice .

you could hav e to much iron in your body 

it could be that you have eaten to much of something like beetroot 

or any number of things 

i no what your worring about and i would be to 

but you really need to get advice from your gp on this one .

sorry cant be of more help hun 

• Posted

please let me know how you get on .

• Posted

Hi rose

Sorry to hear your pain

Any black tarry stool needs to be diagnosed by a proper doctor it could be what you have eaten or could be the sign of bleeding inside but go and get a doctor to see you and they will give you the proper advise

Hope your sorted out

Please let us know how you get on hood luck

• Posted

Hi Rose

Can you describe the pain? Is everything you eat causing pain / discomfort, or is it worse with fatty / sugary foods? Any other symptoms that you experience?

I had severe stomach pain, exactly where you mentioned, and it was awful, it felt like my stomach was very slowly being ripped apart. With that came very dark, tarry stools and it all started from being prescribed Naproxen. I came off the Naproxen, and the pain continued until one GP prescribed me Omeprazole. Initially I was on 20mg a day, but as this was having no effect the dose was increased to 40mg. Within a day of doing this the pains eased a lot, and I was able to eat food again, although I learnt to eat healthy food as fatty / sugary foods seemed to aggrevate my stomach, but no where near what I experienced when the first flare up happened. Due to the dosage of Omeprazole, and the length of time for my stomach to get back to feeling anything like it used too, which was 7 - 8 weeks, I am presuming I had stomach inflammation, or stomach ulcer(s). I still don't feel 100%, and as such am due to have a Colonoscopy and Endoscopy in the future, which will hopefully give me a clearer picture of whats going on.

Not knowing the type of pain you are going through and how severe it is, its hard to match up with my probs, but it could be a possibility, but regardless of what is said here, black stools are not good and as tiswas said, you must see a doctor as soon as.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.