I have had a bad throat that comes and goes for the past month, what could it be?

Posted , 1 user is following.

Sorry the photo is little grim but i have had a bad throat for the past month or so and it started off that i had it for 2 weeks straight then it went mild and disappeared for a day or two then has came back today. I developed a cough when symptoms started and still have that cough now its a really chesty cough that sometimes coughes mucas. When my throat is really swollen like tonight my ear tends to hurt to i just dont know what to do because i tried consulting my local surgery but i just moved here for uni so i have to register so i just sent off my registration forms. I did call the surgery when i had had the symptoms for around 2 weeks but the recepsionist was man flu and theres nothing they can do but she didnt actually let me say what was wrong all i said was i had a bad throat and she wouldnt hear my other symptoms nor how long i had them. I also sometimes find it hard to swollow like tonight aswell its just so painful and swollenimage

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.