I have had a lot of bartholins cysts any ideas

Posted , 8 users are following.

I just got a very horriblely painful bartholins cyst lanced and drained and a week later it's back again and the same amount of pain help please idk what to do I'm 26

0 likes, 21 replies

21 Replies

• Posted

Mix a cup of Himalayan salt with one cup baking soda, five drops tea tree oil, two tablespoons of coconut oil, two table spoons of which Hazel. Add water in a pot that you can sit in with your bum. Bring it to a boil with all ingredients in it. Let it cool off to where you can sit in it without burning yourself. Sit until water gets cold. Try to open your private part so the mixture can get inside a bit. Then wipe your bum and put underwear on. Place an ice pack on the cyst and wait until the ice pack gets warm. Do this for four days. The pain will be gone and the cyst will burst. Just had mine burst yesterday! I also took probiotics and vitamin c in high doses. Hope it helps you as well.
    • Posted

It really helps it the pain. I didn't have time to do it every two hours like you should. I did it twice a day but still no pain and it still burst my cyst. And after it bursts make sure you continue to do the same thing for another two weeks to keep it disinfected. That's what I'm doing.
  • Posted

I had a bartholins cyst and had the gland removed. I had it drained a few times and it kept coming back. The surgery was quick and in 6 weeks time I was like new again. It was painful and difficult to sit for about 3 weeks. But on the bright side it will not be returning ever again. 
    • Posted

This is the 4th time this has come back and it is very annoying I absolutely cannot stand this anymore and I'm sick of getting shots down there cause that's the worset do you go under for the surgery
    • Posted

Just a quick question I'm about 5 weeks post op and have been basically pain free for about 3 weeks but still have a few stitches n a massive lump of hardness where the gland was. Do you still have that and if not how long til it went away now in terrified the scar tissue will be there for life
    • Posted

I am about 2 months post op and it has finally gone back to normal. I also had stitches and a hard lump so I think what you're experiencing is normal. The body takes time to heal, and if the cyst was big, then it is only normal that it will heal slower.

Hope you get well soon!

• Posted

I finally felt better around 6 weeks. From time to time the area flares up and I can feel the scar tissue but normally I am fine. I think that the stitches have something to do with the pain as well. Mine fell out and I rapidly healed and felt way better. 
  • Posted

I did go under for surgery. It took about 30 minutes and I spent a total of 5 hours at the hospital. I feel your pain. In my opinion it was worth it to have the surgery to be rid of the darn thing. Although during recovery I would've said otherwise. It was a painful process. I did sitz baths a few times every day and took pain meds for about a week. 
    • Posted

Ya that is probably what I'm going to have to do cause it's just interfering with my everyday life
  • Posted

Hi! I'm so sorry to hear about your pain. My advice is to just have the surgery to remove the entire gland if you've had the cyst more than once. Everytime you have a procedure done down there it only creates more scar tissue making surgery more complicated later on. And let's face it...after a few more times we all just want it rid of! I had the surgery to remove my gland and it was the best decision. The healing from the surgery is nothing compared to having the painful and horrendous cyst. You just love through healing once and it's gone for good.

Good luck!

• Posted

Hey I have had 3. One popped on its own and come back weeks later. I had a doctor Lance it and put a word catheter in to continue the drainage with out it the hole closes and the infection just starts growing again. This is my second word catheter they are a bit painful and 100% uncomfortable but removing the gland is the only sure way it won't come back and u dont have the money for the surgery it is quite expensive.
  • Posted

Every time I feel an abscess coming I do this very simple steps and trust me! Trust me! when I say INSTANT RELIEF! I've had bartholin abscess reoccurrence since 8 years ago. I've had it maybe 15 times. I've tried everything except surgery. I just did these steps literally 10 minutes ago because I felt an abscess coming and when I checked my vagina I was right my right labia was starting to swell up.

All you need is q-tips or cotton swabs, and a mirror. (I use the magnifying mirror it's easier to see) Sit on the toilet, place the mirror in front of your vagina so you can see. Find your bartholin duct/opening... Using your index and middle finger spread the labia - I don't know if it's the same for everyone but my bartholin opening is just right beside my clitoris. It's a very small hole. Position the q-tip/swab on the swollen gland then press to squeeze the puss out. Keep doing it until the gland is empty. The relief ahhhh if I had known this procedure 8 years ago (I discovered it by accident -(tried everything out of desperation) omg all those suffering from pain and not being able to walk and sit. Please try these steps please I'm swear by this.

• Posted

I thought the bartholins glands were closer to the vaginal opening? Like lower. And the skeenes glands were the ones next to the clitoris?
    • Posted

The bartholin gland is lower but the duct is right next to the clitoris.
    • Posted

You need to know correct facts before posting here is a link that shows the duct off the gland directly going towards opening no where near clitoris! I had to have gland n ducts removed n the surgeon definitely clarified locations and I'm also a Ob/gyne RN and have not only seen but suffered myself. It's horrible to give wrong info especially when it deals with ones health

https://patient.info/health/bartholins-cyst-and-abscess-leaflet

Emis Moderator comment: I have replaced the given link with a link to the equivalent article on our site.

• Posted

HUH. I DID NOT KNOW THAT. I've been looking in the wrong spot this whole damn time. Thank you so very much for the info!!

• Posted

Whoa! Easy there gunner! Hold you panties! Like I said in my original post it might be different for everyone but my bartholin duct is right beside my clitoris! You have to also know that NOT ALL VAGINAS ARE THE SAME. Sheesh!
    • Posted

Ok first off no they are not all the same! They all look different, but considering this gland is what provides the internal lubrication during arousel your completely wrong they may look different but sorry to burst your little bubble the ducts and functions are all the same! And therefore you are wrong! Also sorry if your glands are there then your not able to be wet inside where you need to be so it must be horrible for you. But then again impossible. I'm not going to argue with an someone when I know the facts and am educated on the subject. So think what you want and so sorry for your luck having to be dry all the time.

• Posted

See. I thought so. I'd seen others talking about it being near the clitoris, but according to online sources it's always near the hymen/vaginal opening. Thank you.

• Posted

Your welcome! I actually went to work for an ob/gyn who clarified as well to the location. I do not give out advice or even say something unless I know it's true!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.