I have had a new baby 6 days ages and feeling awful like I have anexity what should I do?

Posted , 4 users are following.

It would be great to get some advise off new moms to put my mind at ease thanks

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Congratulations to you. Do you have anyone with whom you can talk too? How about getting help with your Baby? Anyway hope you will be ok How about Reflexology? Regards Amanda
  • Posted

It has been almost two years since I had my baby but I know your hormone levels drop. That is probably why you feel anxious. Your body will adjust. But maybe you should get evaluated to make sure you are not experiencing post partum depression many moms get just after having a baby. It happens because of the hormone changes in your body. You could just be feeling anxious because you are a new mother but please get evaluated. This type of depression can be dangerous to your baby and yourself. Look up more info on this and you will see. Hope you feel better soon.
    • Posted

Thanks for replying Cassandra this is my 3rd baby and I don't understand why I'm feeling like this it's horrible so it is. How many kids do u have if u don't mind me asking? What are signs of this depression?

• Posted

I have one so far. We will try for a second next year. This is your third so not sure why this is happening although postpartum can happen anytime you have a baby. Maybe it is just low vitamins especially iron and B12 and B6. Or maybe just stress. Here are the signs I found online of postpartum. Does your doctor know you feel anxious? Did you feel like this today? Is it everyday or sometimes?

Requires a medical diagnosis

Symptoms might include insomnia, loss of appetite, intense irritability, and difficulty bonding with the baby.

People may experience:

Mood: anger, anxiety, guilt, hopelessness, loss of interest or pleasure in activities, mood swings, or panic attack

Whole body: fatigue, loss of appetite, or restlessness

Psychological: depression, fear, or repeatedly going over thoughts

Behavioral: crying or irritability

Cognitive: lack of concentration or unwanted thoughts

Weight: weight gain or weight loss

Also common: insomnia

• Posted

Oh ok that's nice so it is oh really can it? I say I have bad anxiety that's the problem I'd say

• Posted

I would not be afraid to call it postnatal depression and seek imidiate help (doc).

My workmate's wife had it....after the 4th baby, never before and no one could understand as to why then and not with other babies, but postnatal depression hit her like a train. Don't be shy to consider and be proud, you even noticed yourself seeking advice. But to get correct diagnose and then treatment you need to see doc asap, ask maybe midwifes, who have experience with it and know where to go and what to do.

All the best!!!!!

• Posted

Oh really how do u know tho? How would u know if it was post natal depression tho that's what I'm trying to find out you see. Thanks

• Posted

Nobody long distance via only writing can know what is going on.

It's only for collecting suggestions from all angles, that otherwise could be overlooked and for that this forum is really great.

Doesn't mean there is a diagnose at all though.

Only doc/midwives - people physically around you, looking at you- can via examination and tests and treatment (trials). 

First of course organic/deficiencies need to be addressed,

then 'baby blues' happens often and only in first week after birth and passes (and only you and your symptoms know, if it was maybe just that),

but the (unfair) PND can still be a culprit for anxiety and feeling different to before (and would go on for longer than the short baby blues) and as much as we don't understand why it happens and however life hindering it is, it does happen and rather early tackling than later by simply making sure to exclude it.

Was just a thought for 'points on the list' to consider and discuss with professional. Doesn't mean you are or will suffer PND.

Wishing you all the best to you and your family with the tiny newborn!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.