I have had a pain for nearly a year and have no idea what to do.

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have had a burning/stabbing pain in my abdomen for almost a year, the doctor has send me for blood tests and ultrasounds and ruled out everything major and lately I have just been left to take lanzoprazol and suffer. It seems like it could be trapped wind but it never goes. Regardless of what I take I can't get rid of it. It is really bad at night and when I wake up in the morning. It is starting to ruin my life, I can't drink anything fizzy or alcohol and I think I'm spiraling into depression because I keep worrying it's something serious...Why else do i still have it?

Thank you

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi phil, u bring tears to my eyes because it sounds like deja vu. Have u tried a gastroenterologist to see if there is actually anything going on inside the stomach? Thats where to start and if u did that then i would leave all those drugs alone because they create more problems.Try some charcoal tablets with antigas and bloating, you would be surprised , they work wonders. Take two with each meal for the first week and then 1 with each meal. Believe me they work. Depression is natural when u dont know whats happening to u but its very real and please stay away from acid reducers. Let me know when u try the charcoal. You can get them from many pharmacies over the counter.
    • Posted

I tried charcoal and it worked for about a week then it started making me sick. Right now I have some anti wind tablets but they are only dulling the pain into an ache. I think the doctors are getting sick of me. They did find H Pylori when I had a blood test and that was cleared up, but it seems like it could have caused more damage than I thought.
  • Posted

Hi..I have had the same but all day every day for 10 months. i had an endescopy fhen another, 'MRI etc and although Ihave gallstones the consultant does not think they are connected..I am going for a second opinion. Does food effect you? Have you lost weight by not eating......if not then perhaps it is just bad indigestion. Have you  asked for any tests like an endescopy? This will rule out any fears you have.....good luck
  • Posted

Hi Phil. It is good that you cannot drink fizzy drinks or alcohol, both are unhealthy drinks anyway. But you need to know what it is. Trapped wind can go on for a long time.
  • Posted

Morning everyone, I hope this day is blessed for all of us and pain free. Phil I understand you have tried charcoal, was it just activated charcoal or did it include the anti gas and bloating because there is a difference. You should also try the old Amish remedy, you may think its disgusting but it not bad. I do it everyday. Bring 1whole clove of garlic cut up and a piece of fresh ginger no bigger than your ring finger, peeled and sliced in a kettle of water to a boil, let it cool down and refrigerate it drink this everyday, I drink it cold throughout the day and warm at night . No sugar. Garlic heals anything in your stomach and ginger calms the stomach . It's very comforting , it works. My husband was having issues with reflux and h pylori, I gave this to him everyday for 2 weeks , by the time they gave him the endoscopy his symptoms had cleared up, he was not getting anymore spasms in his esophagus, he could eat again and they only saw tracks in his esophagus everything had cleared up. So now this is part of our daily diet. 2 glasses a day, 1 in the morning and 1at night to keeps our system and digestion on track. It doesn't hurt to try. It won't make things worse, go for it. Let me end by thanking God for this day and asking him to give each of us the strength and courage to get through it. Always remember he also give great comfort in everything.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.