I have had a rash for almost two weeks now, help!

Posted , 6 users are following.

On Monday March 19th, I woke up really itchy and noticed I had broken out in hives all over my back in my sleep (in first picture above). I didn’t think much of it, assuming I had eaten something I was allergic to. I rubbed a liquid benedryl cream on it and went on with my day and it seemed to go away on its own within a few hours. The next morning I woke up with it again. And then again. And again. I’ve continued to wake up with it every morning since then and it’s not just in my sleep that it appears. Coming home from work one evening, I got it shortly after laying down on the couch for a few minutes. It began on my neck and then began to spread all over my face. So it seems to mainly come at night except for a few instances when I began to get it all over my face and neck. It only appears when I’m at home and goes away when I’m at work or out doing something. I’ve seen a doctor about it and she didn’t seem too concerned... she told me it was hives and that it is most likely caused by something external rather than internal (something that I’m eating that I’m possibly allergic to) because it goes away and doesn’t continue to stay on my body throughout the entire day. The main reason I am concerned is because it seems that every day I get it, it’s getting worse. At first it was only on my back but now it is all over my body including my neck, face and scalp. I am writing this post covered in a rash and my lip looks like I have bad lip injections because it is on my lip too, causing it to swell. I’ve narrowed it down to a couple of things I think it can be... one being possibly my dog. It’s been a month since I bathed him and I think something on his fur can be causing this reaction. I also think it could possibly be mold in my house. We have bad plumbing and neighbors in the complex have experienced mold growing because of the plumbing as well. We have had a couple of leaks in our house and don’t know that they were properly taken care of. Please help me. I am so tired of this rash and I am nervous it will keep getting worse.

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Sounds like this could be related to your environment. First check your bed, sheets and pillows. You mentioned mold...yes that could be it too. I sure hope you get to the bottom of what’s going on. Best wishes for you!

• Posted

I wish you all the best for me it started on my neck to and spread all over my body over time but never no swelling. It’s been a long process for me. Hope you figure it out faster then i did. 
  • Posted

Hi 

I wish you well it started on my thighs then back , face, neck, head and no one can tell me to this day why.. I have had it a year now but am taking xolair shots which are helping greatly some days i get a couple , some days nothing.. I would get that mold checked out tho. if it is only happening in your home.. Mine happened everywhere.. Good luck to you ... you have come to the right place for support and help..

• Posted

Hi Mackenzie

are you taking anything to get rid of the hives!  Have you tried Over the counter Allegra? If not give it a try.  Sometimes one in the morning and if needed another at night.  That is when my hives like to come out.

please keep us posted.

wendy

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.