I have had a rash on my leg since June

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have had cellulitis since June, just can't get rid of it,totally fed up.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

@brads27:  I've had cellulitis 3 times.  The first 2, I went to the hospital, where they prescribe you IV antibiotics.  It works, but the antibiotics are quite harsh and there are conflicting reports that they lower your immune system.

On the 3rd time, I am trying the following:

Mix manuka honey, coconut oil, and tea tree oil into a concoction that is applied directly to the affected area.  No bandage needed.  

Identify a very good multivitamin supplement.  Start that immediately at full dosage.  Also pick up Turmeric and Garlic pills.  Begin by taking those twice a day each.

Finally, make sure you have plenty of Ibuprophen on hand.  I take up to 800mg, but your mileage may vary there.

I started the regimen at 8 AM and took a picture.  The redness and infection was very bad.  Some would say that I could die if I didn't go to hospital.  24 hours later, and I have almost a 50% improvement.  The swelling has reduced so much that I now believe I see where the infection occurred.  I had a cut that I could not see due to the swelling, and it appeared to be our cat's fault.  

If the progress continues to hold, I should be completely healed in a week.  Give it a try, as there are some studies done on this stuff and how effective it is against MRSA.

• Posted

You ain't the only one mine is on both legs from ankle to the knee completely covered I'm super done with this crop. I've battled it since dec2015 it's damaged my nurves and has attacked my muscles calf . Now if I sit for more then 5min when I stand up I sometimes fall back of my legs tighten bad to point I can't walk for a min. Been to hospital and my primary 7 times .i research alot on my own . How is your feet . Like is there any cracking in between toes. Check if so the infection came through your toes . Antibiotics won't totally get rid of it without treating athletes foot to . Good lick

• Posted

Remember Athletes foot is most common way to get cellulitis and what's crazy is your foot should not get infected maybe A little red swollen

• Posted

No cracking but have a fungal nail infection, most of my leg is clear just a small bruise on my leg, it does feel very tight though.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.