I have had abdominal pain for 4 months, I don't know what to do now.

Posted , 3 users are following.

Okay, so basically, this started 4 months ago, in April, it is August now.

I started burping.

Tiny, small burps, burps that you can't even hear.

Two weeks later, I woke up with really bad stomach pain, right above the belly button, That, plus the fact that that day was a very busy day and I ate McDonald's that day, made me vomit that day and the day after.

Went to see the doctor the day after, they said it was acid reflux, so gave me Pepcid (famotidine). I took it for about a week and it worked. So I left the Pepcid, but about two weeks later, it started again, ate Pepcid, got better, then stopped, pain came back.

Some time around this time my throat started feeling tight, which is the main reason I feel nauseous. I researched and it said lump in throat is a sign of acid reflux.

This kept coming and going, so finally I went to the doctor.

Doctor tested me for Helicobacter Pylori, came back negative.

Told me to have Zantac, so I took the maximum strength Zantac during the morning. I researched and it said that something called Vitamin U sped up the healing of an ulcer, so I took it before dinner with Zantac at morning.

Right now, it has improved but is still... there, if you know what I mean. I just want to get rid of it and am really worried it might be serious like if it becomes a bleeding ulcer or stomach cancer.

So basically:

Symptoms are small, silent burps, throat tightness leading to nausea, and pain above belly button.

Medication right now:

Zantac at morning, Vitamin U 30 minutes before dinner.

Does anyone know what I have, or can help ease my anxiety? Any help will be much appreciated. smile

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

The tablets should protect you from an ulcer but ask for PPI tablets if it is getting really bad. As for the lump in your throat, look up Globus pharyngis.
    • Posted

Hi, I made a new account since I forgot my password, I'll just keep on the Zantac and keep you updated, thanks!

• Posted

About the tightening in throat, is it perhaps silent reflux? That, and an ulcer or gastritis?

Also, would ulcers or gastritis cause throat tightness or burping?

• Posted

Also, could I make it so that I take Zantac twice a day or would that be too much?
    • Posted

GERD or anxiety can cause throat tightness   GERD can cause burping and so can gastritis.  However, I don’t know whether ulcers can cause this.  An endoscopy would show what you might have.  Ask your doctor how much Zantac you should take.
  • Posted

An update: Still the same, honestly. Better than before, but it's still there. So, you don't think it is stomach cancer? I'm just so worried, and the anxiety is making it worse.

• Posted

And also, what are all the possibilities of syndromes/diseases I might have? Not GERD, right? Ulcer, gastritis, what else?
    • Posted

Your best bet is to see your doctor again for tests such as an endoscopy to look for gastritis, ulcers and h pylori.  Not being a doctor, I don’t know what you have. Abdominal pain can be hard to diagnose.
  • Posted

An update: Today has some of the worst episodes of my stomach problem. I drank kombucha tea, which is most likely the case, because I felt totally fine before, but a little queasy after. Furthermore, I didn't know what I was thinking, I ate a whole cup of frozen yogurt with acai frozen yogurt mixed. I was feeling so bloated and nauseous and had stomach pains. Finally got home, and I'm going to the doctor the day after tomorrow's tomorrow. Since the doctors are closed on weekends except for emergencies.

• Posted

Also, what are the chances for stomach cancer? I'm worried sick that's the case, and what stage would it probably be in four months? This probably sounds stupid, but do you think I might have stomach cancer? Just so worried, and have lots of anxiety.eek

• Posted

Another update: Today wasn't any better, I only ate a few bites, and then I couldn't take it anymore. Is this a flare up?sad

• Posted

And is there any difference in symptoms between an ulcer or stomach cancer? Anybody? sad

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.