I have had blurry vision, neck stiffness, and foggy on and off

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi 

I apologize but my thought process is all over the place. 

I have been experiencing neck stiffness, vision blurred and dizziness/ foggy feeling off and on for about 3 months now.

I originally went to the Drs about 3 months ago for a bad migraine that led to my vision being blurry and neck stiffness. I had a MRI of my head done and blood work with nothing out of the normal. Wasn’t diagnosed with anything, chalked it up to stress. The episode lasted about 3 to 4 weeks then went away.

It has recently came back about a week ago. It started with neck being really stiff, vision blurred off and on, and a feeling of being lightheaded. Then about a week later I had a bad migraine again. Saw auras and intense pain afterward, had to lay down for about 2 hours. The following day I woke up with only a slight stiff neck and my vision seemed to be a little better. Could all my neck stiffness and blurry vision been a warning of the migraine to come a week before? 

I work on the computer about 8-9 hours a day and my vision seems to get worse as the day goes on. 

Any ideas on what this could be? I have been to the chiropractor and the neck stiffness seems to be getting better but my vision is still blurry. I have an eye doctors appointment next week. 

Getting furstrated, it’s hard to work with the blurry vision. 

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Oh wow! 8-9 hrs. on the computer? No wonder you're having all that going on.

I'm on the computer only an hr. or so & I start feeling weird things.

I'm no Dr. but I wouldn't be surprised if it's all the computer work.

You need a nice long vacation.

Good luck

• Posted

Hi Nick sorry to hear about this but it seems very similar to me (although I had fair few additional symptoms too please see my first post) , do you suffer from anxiety ? Reason I ask is I do and I’ve had various tests and MRIs and all clear - it’s been put down as health anxiety by various docs and I’m slowing starting to believe this - even more so this week as I have picked up a real bad stomach infection and as this has been so bad it’s taken my attention away from my other symptoms suddenly that have improved as I’m now fully focused on my stomach issue not the old symptoms - just an idea and if not anxiety them poor posture can also be a possible cause - all the best 
    • Posted

Thank you for the response. I forgot to mention the occasional tingling sensation in my right arm/ hand. Usually noticeable when my neck is stiff. 

What other symptons did you experience? 

• Posted

Sorry... No I haven’t suffered from aniexty in the past, but I am starting to think it is. 
    • Posted

These kind if problems the migraine and neck pain and tummy problems are all symptoms I suffered with an auto immune disorder. I kept being told I was anxious but knew I wasn't. Ask for blood tests to look at esr crp and ana levels which look at inflammatory processes which may be underlying.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.