I have had constipation off and on for over 2 years and I'm only 16

Posted , 5 users are following.

I am 16 male and I play sports and run cross country so I get plenty of excercise and I eat relatively heathy and eat as much fiber as I can and I only drink water and lots of it. For the last 2 years I have struggled with constipation and the doctor prescribed me with miralax and it works great for a few months but I've become immune to it and even laxatives do nothing for me. Recently it has started to become unbearable and it feels like there's a knife stabbing me in the stomach and no matter what I try I can not get regular and I'm always in so much pain, please help in anyway you feel you can, thank you.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

My daughter had a similar problem but she was so bungled up she needed bowel

Prep to empty her bowels. Not pleasant but it worked. Now she drinks movicol

Sachets twice a day and takes a spoon of dulcolax at night. She goes to toilet 20

Mins after every meal and this seems to be working very well. I have a tip that

Liquorice is good for constipation also. Good luck. I hope you get sorted because

Being like that isn't pleasant. Try and visit doctor and be firm about getting

Treatment.

• Posted

Sorry to hear that, I know that sucks. Thank you I may try that 
  • Posted

I’m 21 & I had the same symptoms as you, it has making me more afraid than anything

Chronic Constipation could be happened no matter how soft/ hard your stools & you’ll still need to use force to push bowel movement, it could linked to depression from IBD/ Tenamus  & I used to hv internal hemorrhoids.. 

Do you hv Facebook? At least we could share our problems & burdens together & i’ll let you more abt this issues 

Best wishes, 

Yours sincerely, 

A.Sze Young

• Posted

I have also heard that one can cure constipation with oils. Some of the best oils for constipation are castor oil, olive oil, coconut oil. I hope it helps.
    • Posted

How do you use the oils?  How much do you take?  When do you take it?  How long before it helps with a bowel movement?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.