I have had diarrhea for weeks now.... I don't know what to do!

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi,

I hope someone can help me or just give me some advice as I am really panicking. I will try and give as much info as I can. 

I started having diarrhea around 3 - 4 weeks ago, I thought it was food poisoning at first but I still have it. I live in Thailand so the healthcare system is not as good as my home country (The UK). I went to the doctors and they gave me antibiotics, which I took. I have taken immodium, pepto bismal but nothing seems to clear it (it goes for a bit but doesn't stay away). 

I had milk one evening and that made me very ill... This evening I have had baked beans and again, I had diarrhea straight away. I have no other symptoms such as fever, headaches and there is no blood in my stools.

Any advice? It's really getting me down!

Thank you 

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

If you can request a stool sample testing for stool cultures, parasites and c diff! That would be a great start! Hope you feel better soon! 
  • Posted

Hi

Try to eat bone broth, it is rich in vital nutrients that support your gut and immune system. You also need to eat probiotic foods which prevent diarrhoea, such as sauerkraut and Kimchi. Don’t take milk, diarrhea is a natural reaction to dehydration, infection or toxins that need to be expelled from the digestive system.  

• Posted

Go back to your doctor and ask for stool samples to be taken.  You will get proper answers and diagnosis from your doctor.
  • Posted

Thanks everyone for the replies. It was greatly appreciated.

UPDATE: went back to the hospital and had what seems like endless amount of tests. I have testicular cancer, from that I had an infection which was making me feel ill.

Have to get through this now but I’m sure I will.

Thanks again everyone 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.