I have had indigestion for over 1 1/2 years nothings wrong

Posted , 7 users are following.

was on medication and nothing helped I have had an upper gi they found nothing went to a ENT they saw nothing stopped drinking and i eat very little water gives me heartburn.  I had a barium swallow test they saw nothing. I am in pain all the time and I feel helpless. My doctor says he is puzzeled I am not stressed I am in pain. I am looking for suggtions if anyone has had this and can help I would apprciate it!!

0 likes, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

I have had acid reflux for many years and it started because of stress.  Now it flares up randomly.  I take Gaviscon which works.  An endoscopy showed nothing wrong with me either.  It was suggested that I have a weak oesophageal sphincter.
    • Posted

Thank you for taking the time to reply I have tried all kinds of medication both rx and over the counter nothing works 😔. I just woke up laying in bed in pain..

• Posted

Have you tried milk?  My grandad cured his stomach ulcer by drinking milk.
    • Posted

My grandad cured his stomach ulcer by drinking milk.

• Posted

Hi shar65160

My grandmother suffered with indigestion and heartburn and she swore by an antacid and indigedtiin product call Pepto-Bismol....just a suggestion for you...best wishes..

• Posted

Thank you for the suggestion i have tired but even the medication gives me pain 😔

• Posted

Hi shari65160

There was another cure she used to use which was bicarbonate of soda mixed with milk for her indigestion and heartburn..it was about half teaspoon of bicarb in half a cup of milk..this was an old remedy used in our grandmothers day...but it worked!......best wishes.....

• Posted

Hi shari65160

Apparently our stomach releases a form of bicarbonate naturally...you can google 'bicarbonate and heartburn/indigestion..(i hope this reply will not be modified because of this info)....and lack of the bicarbonate causes indigestion and heartburn. Hope this helps....

• Posted

Hi shari65160

You can also get sodium bicarbonate in tablet and capsule form.....

• Posted

You may want to look into low stomach acid (hypochloridia). This is a common issue for acid reflux and indigestion.

If it is los stomach acid, you may want to look into what's causing it.

Cheers.

• Posted

You have classic GERD, heartburn symptoms.

Can you buy raw and pure Aloe Vera juice at your local store or online and drink it when you have heartburn.

Drink luke warm water with lemon juice.

Alternatively see if buttermilk(1 part yogurt with 6 parts water and coriander/mint leaves) reduces your heartburn.

• Posted

Mint, aloe vera and lemon juice are all acidic and can cause heartburn.   Peppermint is particulary bad for GERD.  Pllain milk is better.
    • Posted

I got cured from oesophagitis grade 2 and extreme gerd, heartburn just by drinking aloe and amla juice exclusively for a month. Please read my other review of how i was able to cure myself. Ensure that it is not sweetened aloe but raw unadultereated juice.

Mint/coriander should not be the primary ingredient but only as garnish in the buttermilk.

Milk of any form is far far worse than buttermilk. Buttermilk is the mildest form of any milk product. You make buttermilk by adding 6 parts water to greek yogurt. Usually coriander leaves are used for garnish only.

You can check ph levels yourself of what you drink. It should be highly alkaline to offset the high acidic state of gerd symptoms.

• Posted

Plain milk is better for me; it gives me instant relief. Dietary change often upsets my stomach so I stick to what works for me. I  am sensitive to oily foods or anything very greasy or acidic. Buttermilk sounds greasy to me.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.