I have had knee problems for many years and have been di...

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have had knee problems for many years and have been diagnosed with arthritus in both knees.I have had every type of treatment medically to no avail.My specilist has now recomended knee replacements.Speaking to the sergeon he has advised me to try arthroscopy first as I am still too young to have replacements.Not knowing anyone who has had this done could anyone help me find out if this is the right way to go

[i:fd2c0cf039]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:fd2c0cf039]

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

i am 38 years old and just had knee arthroscopy, im not sure if this has solved the problem yet, but they have said because of my age they may not be able to give me a new knee.as it is early days im not sure if the treatment has worked.

[i:5752c3b568]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:5752c3b568]

• Posted

I had a right knee arthroscopy 9 years ago and a left one in march of this year. One of the cuts has never healed properly and I now have a completely numb knee. I now have to have the other one re-done as I have severe arthritis and a torn cartillage in it. I live in a 2nd floor flat (28 stairs) and I also cannot have knee replacements because of my age.
  • Posted

i had an arthroscopy 18 months ago but it didnt work so a new consultant that i saw recommended a total knee replacement even though i am only 46 and i had that done on july 8 this year my knee feels better now although i am still on crutches but i dont regret having it done. smile
  • Posted

Hi there

I am 37 and had knee problems for a number of years, i also have had arthroscopy on both knees, one april 08 and the other just b4 xmas 08. Neither is any better than it was in the first place. I had a lateral release, clean up and they realigned my knee cap. I am still suffering on a daily basis but just muddle through as best i can. I cannot walk my dog as he pulls and the pull on my knees is too painful, i am now finding driving difficult as having knee in one position for a period of time is painful. It is painful if i use it too much but also pianful if it is still for too long. I am seeing consultant in July but dont think there is a hope in hell of having anything done. Not fair really if i had 10,000 i could have it done privately.

When will the docs realise that i do not care if i am in wheelchair at age 50-60 but need my knees NOW!!!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.