I have had mild Achilles Tendonitis for months now

Posted , 2 users are following.

They said it's from a flexible arch, possibly with aggravating factors (age, weight, weight lifting).

Had it for months now.  At first, I just took it easy in the gym and stretched.  Then went to orthopaedist and he gave me ViGel (anti inflammatory) and prescribed more stretching.

Went to another Ortho and got Physical Therapy and more ViGel and more stretching.

And...it seems about the same to me.

It's not terrible, though.  Just once in a while, I wake up and there's a twinge and some pain that day when I walk, in the achilles (which is a bit tender to the touch).

Mostly just annoying because I am afraid to start running or doing cardio because I don't want to make it worse.

Any suggestions?

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Oh, forgot to mention, they just put me on ten days Celebrex to bring down the inflammation.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.