I have had my application for PIP declined

Posted , 6 users are following.

I went for an assesment months ago and at the assesment the assesor seemed to focus on how I felt that day. I have been diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis over a year ago and as anyone who has had the misfortune of suffering from it things change from day to day. At the time I was just comkng off Prednisone which wzs great for controlling pain but caused major side effects. Am now on methotrexate. I get the impression going to work is counting against me. I want to go part time or maybe stop if I get any worse but I cant afford the drop the income unless I get PIP. I asked for a reconsideration and that too was denied last week.

Please help I am desperate. Thanks

1 like, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

You can put a appeal against the decision look up the CAB website they can help you most people who lose put one in

• Posted

Thanks. What are the chances of success at this point, any idea? I would welcome that as it gives me a chance to actually speak to the people at the appeal and explain myself
    • Posted

The rate of people wining appeals is good have a look at benfits and work website they deal with all aspects of benefits
  • Posted

Get in touch with fight back on Facebook they help fill your forms in over the phone and direct you in anyway you need help they success rate is high
  • Posted

'Fightback' on facebook are great. They're not funded so they rely on donations. They filled out the pip forms for me and I have my assessment in a few weeks. They give you great tips on the reconsideration process. Pip isn't means tested, you can work full time and receive pip. Your assessor was maybe just 'trying it on'! Appeal!! X
  • Posted

Hi Darkchild,

In the latest news, the DWP is rejecting more claims than Awarding, the reason for this is the backlog created by ATOS. There is over a 1 million backlog in new claims and appeals, their current objective is to clear that backlog by denying claims.

I applied for an increase on my Care Component of DLA last June, I received a letter from them in September stating they need more time, in my circumstances this is and was understanderable. Then in December I was Awarded th top care component, and back payment - that came in handy, but not for Xmas presents - we had no cooker because it was broken to a fashion where it was not even cooking properly, the doors wouldn't shut, etc. We bought a new one, electric cooker which was £350 and then had to pay another £60 for installation, because of the stupid regulations these days.

Getting back to you though, don't let them just push you aside - they want you not to appeal, thats their way of dealing with the current backlog... My advice, like many more people will tell you is to Appeal everytime they turn you down, make sure your Application form is filled in with as much detail as possible, and medications, doctors, consultants, occupational therapists, social workers,etc anyone that can back your claims up is one way of pushing your appeal forward.

Regards,

Les.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.