I have had pinworms for 10 years

Posted , 3 users are following.

I'm not sure if anyone will read this but i have a question for anyone who is knowlegdeable on this subject.

So like the title says i have had pinworms for the good part of ten years, i'm 19 now. I only recently found out they were acutually pinworms however. I never told anyone about my " condition" and i was pretty sure they were harmless. I also recently found out that ALOT of people have them or have had them. For the past 10 years everytime i went to do my business i would find 10 to 20 of these little worms in the toilet. That's quite alot i would think. But for the past 4 months i haven't seen a single one. I also would sometimes have moderate intching, that's gone now too. 

Is it possible they just up and died? or have they been killed by a bigger stronger parasite? XD.

Well thanks if you took the time reading and possibly answering my question.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi mark, firstly ten years, i would have gone crazy! It seems unlikely they could have just gone even though they dont live that long the female lays her eggs which after 2 -6 weeks will grow to adult size however if you havent seen any for 4 months this sounds very positive. It is possible to eradicate them with strict hygeine and diet for example they thrive in certain enviroments eg sugar and dont like garlic raw carrot pinapple blk pepper and lots more also have you moved eggs are very easily transferd to things which adds to reinfection chances. I am no doctor just forwarding information ive lernt. Me and my 5 yr old had them 2 months ago we all had mebebenzole and i followed very strict hygiene havent seen any since and i am checking morning and night it has made me extremely paranoid. If you feel that dreaded wiggle get some medication.
  • Posted

Hello, Well I just found out after all this time I have pinworms as well. pretty sure I have had them for 7 yearsif not longer. Doctors have ignored so many problems.Had I actually been diagnosed nd heard of pinworms I would have had answer a long time ago. Now I have skin issues. that is actually what happened. hence, scratch, eggs get under nails, i looked like i had chickenpox .. and I was 45 Not sure exactly where I got them. I do know nobody else has the issues I have, which convinces me I have had these longer then I realize. My friends daughter had to get them, for me to actually be able to find out what was wrong. All the children, & their parents have been treated. unfortunately their grandmas keep saying they do not need to be treated only their grandchildren ... i happen,to be friends w everybody So. I am trying to get rid of these. Eating as healthy as possible, but not 100% salads, vinegar dressing,carrots,etc. soaking clothes etc in white vinegar,hot water, vacumming, cleaning, i tell myself it I had these all these years, doctors ignored it... didnt know test were so innaccjrate, nd stupid people refuse to treat themzelves even though everybody who is around others should be treated.... the only thing I can do is take care of me. And it probably will take awhile since I have had them for so long to get rid of them. I blame doctors. i am almost convinced morgellan worms, are actually people with pin/thread worms so bad, they just dont realize it. Not enough up to date info. Left untreated becomes a more serious skin issue. Vitamin A in high doses did help to heal sores, I had to put a bandaid on skin w perymerthrin for 3 days straight to clear 1 spot that had been there for months. Took prescription pills, also over counter med reese for 3 days in a row not a week has gone by for over a month or more that I do not treat for 3 days straight.. 12 wk cycle.. leads me to believe... it might take that long to actually see improvement. Glad the mom's of the lil one's are doing what they should. i beg anyone if possible to please have doctors,.peditricians make everyone more aware of pinworms. shame it is so common in USA etc... and noone is aware of it. my kids are in their 30's nd I had never heard of pin worms all my life. I blame doctors for this ongoing problem ! This is more common then Lice I read.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.