I have had plantar fasciitis for about 8 years, hasn't gotten better

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi everyone, so I've had plantar fasciitis for about 8 years now. I'm an 18 year old female, 150 lbs, and I've had PF since I was about 10. I can't know for sure how I got PF in the first place, but I believe that it was because I ran without warming up first. My feet have always been pretty cold, so my foot muscles were probably susceptible to injury easily (also, I never warmed up before a run, so that could have been what started the injury). I have done physical therapy, which barely helped, and I definitely do not want surgery or any sort of shot/injection. Lately I've been thinking it's plantar fibromatosis because plantar fibromatosis involves a lump in the bottom of the foot, sort of like a knot in the plantar fascia. Whatever it is, I need to know how to get rid of it and how to make sure it does not come back. I'm a bit troubled because I have yet to hear of someone who has had PF as long as I have, as well as someone who has had it as young as I have. Also, a little side note, plantar fasciitis is described as heel pain, which I have only recently begun to experience. It has always been sharp, stabbing, throbbing pains in my arches. I just find this weird. My PF is absolutely, definitely worse in my right foot, but it is progressing faster in my left. ANY help is greatly appreciated. Thank you for reading smile

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Sorry to hear this..you are so young. Had you followed up with an orthopedic physician?

I've tried EVERTHING... (see my previous discussions). My orthopedist wants me to go for EMG on feet/calves (possible circulation issues... have been tight/ cold/ painful). But, right now. I have a knee that needs attention first. One medical issue at a time, though I feel the knee may be related to having worn a boot, alternately on both feet, for PF. We'll see?!

Do have yourself rechecked, if you haven't already. Wish you well!

• Posted

Hi I was diagnosed with PF in 2008, I was 48.. Unfortunately it was not diagnosed correctly at first and I went on holiday where I did alot of walking and I think that's why I'm still suffering. I was in agony. As though someone had taken a sledgehammer to the bottoms of my feet. I have it in both. Worse in the right. I have always suffered with poor circulation. Prone to foot cramps. Mostly in my right foot. Ice skating, swimming, cold....all brings on cramp. I use cold compress when it's bad and always wear shoes with a wedge heal. Can't wear flats or heels. I never abused my feet by wearing stilettos or too high heel. Anyway I hope it helps knowing you're not alone. It goes away for most. I hope you can find a cure.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.