I have had Pyoderma Gangrenosum for ten years and I can say it is very pai...

Posted , 2 users are following.

I have had pg for ten years and I can say it is very painful. I am getting morphine to try and stop the pain. Pain is the most terrible trouble about this illness since the wounds cure themselves all alone witout any help or any treatment except putting creams to avoid other infections. I hope I have been a help to some of you who will read me.

I would like if possible correspond with anyone of you who would feel like it. Thank you good luck and a lot of courage to all of you.

8)

[i:ddaef102ce]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:ddaef102ce]

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

[quote:4a3fb30ca8=\"C. C.\"]I have had pg for ten years and I can say it is very painful. I am getting morphine to try and stop the pain. Pain is the most terrible trouble about this illness since the wounds cure themselves all alone witout any help or any treatment except putting creams to avoid other infections. I hope I have been a help to some of you who will read me.

I would like if possible correspond with anyone of you who would feel like it. Thank you good luck and a lot of courage to all of you.

8)

[i:4a3fb30ca8]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:4a3fb30ca8][/quote:4a3fb30ca8] i have just been diagnosed with pg and i am 24, i am also hving test done to see if i have inflammatry bowel disiease and rhumatoid arthritis. i want to talk to sumone that has gone throught his as my doctor doesnt know much about the condition and i feel qiute alone and unknoledgeable x

• Posted

I have had pg for 19 months and have colitis as well, my hospital doctor has told me i got pg because of the colitis. I have used different dressing but none of then work, my doctor has just started me on Dermovate cream is this the one you have been using. I never knew you could have pg for so long is there no hope of ever getting rid of it.

i have two large ones on the back of my left leg and can not walk without cruches because of the pain

• Posted

Hi, I sympathise with the pain issue. I have had multiple pg's starting in february this year. Mine are caused by an inflamatory disease called vasculitis. Ihave had two very large pg's on my lower left leg with smaller ones on both thighs. I have just had another large one come out on my right shin and the pain is awful.I have been treated with high dose steroids and had one infusion of cyclophosphamide which made me feel like hell. I have been seing my dermatologist as an out patient as well as a 2 week stay in hospital. I have to see the rheumatologist next week for possibly another infusion of cyclophosphamide or a course of methotrexate, both undesirable but if can make the pg's stay away and control the vasculitis then it may be worth it.

Kind regards.

• Posted

I am so sorry to hear of your pain, any sympathise with you also.

I often wonder if this will ever go away, I hope you get some improvement soon, please keep in touch.

I am now under the Royal London but have only had one appointment I am dew to go back, but i feel over on my cruches, and dislocated and fractured my elbow so cannot walk at all now thank god for Daughters

Yvonne 2

• Posted

Hi

I have had pg since June last year, was treated initially with high doses of steroids and antibiotics. it started to improve and by the end of august i thought it had almost completely healed. But the all of a sudden it came back with a vengence, it doubled in size. my doc then put me on cyclosporin.

it started to get better. but 4 weeks ago it remained static. 2 days ago more little spots appeared and have now opened up.

It first started on my calf and has now spread to below my ankle.

I am a 36 year old male. and have been perfectly healthy beforehand and have none of the associated conditions - ibd or crohns.

Has anyone tried IVIG??

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.