I have had really bad muscle/joint pain for 3 weeks

Posted , 5 users are following.

hello,

I have pains in my ankles(sides and back), knees, behind knees, above knee, buttocks, hips, shoulders, elbows and wrists! The pain is far more severe in the mornings and does get worse at night. I have been taking ibuprofen everyday, 3 times a days for 3 weeks. It does help with the pain so I can carry on with some form of daily life yet restricted. It is extremely painful to sit down and stand up with pains in the tops of legs. I dont have any swelling or bruising. I havent had an accident or injured myself. The pains seem to have come out of nowhere. I had to stop work due to lockdown and it started a few days after.

Any hep at all would be appreciated. My GP just palmed me off!

Thanks

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I would suggest that you present your problems to the PMRGCAHealthUnlocked forum as most have left this site. There are many more who could advise you there.

• Posted

I would go back to your GP and ask if you could have a trial of say a week or so on steroids to see if they help. If they don't help it probably is not PMR. Ideally they should do some blood tests as well. Some doctors tend to shrug less obvious things off the first visit and if the patient comes back they then listen more.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.