I have had scalp psoriasis for 20 years

Posted , 4 users are following.

it is at its worst just now ,in what way do you use colciprotial and bethamesone cream together thanks

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hello

I have suffered extensive Ps and associated PsA now for over thirty years, part of my problem is Ps  on the scalp.

Over this time I have used many lotions and shampoos on my scalp and I found they seemed to thin the skin on the scalp and make further extended red thinning on scalp and brow. Now I use shampoos with skin moisturizers and this seems to control the redness on scalp and face.

One thing you might find it try and only wash your hair once a week, this encourages the bodies oils to help control the Ps. The same thing regards showers, reduce the time you stay under and also try and reduce the number of showers or baths you take during the week. Use Aquatious Cream instead of soap on the skin as this acts as a moisturizer, Try using Epaderm on the skin as well as E45 Cream. E45 Cream is also used be some women to soften their skin in their makeup regime

When it comes to ointments and cream only leave the stuff on for a shortened period of time especially if you are using Salic Acid at various strengths. These creams do thin the skin as does Steroids .

Salic Acid Ointments is used when having Light Treatment at various strengths over the body and washed of after treatment with Aquatious Cream, this helps to replace moisture after treatment

Good Luck

BOB

• Posted

Hi that

I use Doverbet gel and it can remove the psoriasis within a week. It's not a long lasting solution, lasts a few days with a clear scalp. Prescribed by the doctors.

Thanks

Stacy

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.