I have had sever foot pain coming on 3 months

Posted , 6 users are following.

Sorry First post!

I have been having an issue with my feet for the past two years where one or the other becomes too sore to stand on. This could last from two to four weeks and usually stop for about eight weeks in between.

Recently, I have been having the pain consistently on one foot or the other. I have been to my doctor multiple times in the past few months and have been semi-diagnosed with gout as they aren't 100% sure if it is it or not. The pain isn't around my big toe it is affecting the top of the foot and the outer part of the bottom of the foot. I have changed my diet to a mainly vegetarian one having meat once a week and consume alcohol once a week.

Would love some advise on what i should do to get this treated or if it sounds like how gout is meant to behave. Thanks in advance!

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

are you taking statins? Because this type of pain is common in statin use. If it is gout, it is a joint inflammatory disease but it isnt always restricted to the toe.

• Posted

Sorry, Had to look up what statins are and I am currently not taking any. only tablets I am taking at the minute is colchicine which the doctor advised to take if I have a flare up which unfortunately has been alternating between the two feet for months. Thanks for the reply!

• Posted

Having had just one brief experience of typical big toe gout, I feel for you trying to cope with whole foot involvement.

I believe that gout is one of the annoying conditions that lurks and then rears every so often and also that other than big toe areas are often involved the pain being caused by uric acid crystals so it looks as thought that is a possible diagnosis in your case.

I gave up marmite, asparagus ( I have a friend who grows it so maybe I over- indulged ), and mushrooms all of which were mentioned as possible triggers on, I believe the NHS web site.

Not qualified to advise so this is just to share my experience. Hope you get relief soon.

• Posted

Thank you for replying and for the advise! I never thought of mushrooms or asparagus that's new to me will have to lay off them 😃

• Posted

Hi im sorry im no help but my problem is too very similar ive been tested for gout havent got that but my big toe is becoming mishapen and i have pain and swelling in the sole of my heel this has all happened since my hip replacement I hope someone can give you some advice on here but you have my sympathy its no fun having foot pain! Take Care lynne

• Posted

I am assuming you've had X-rays done on your feet. I found out from my foot doctor that the best way to have a foot xray is to have the X-ray done while standing. At least that was the case for the pain that was on the top of my right foot . evidently standing spreads the bones and joints out so it's easier to see things like arthritis . I highly recommend you see a podiatrist. and get an x-ray of your feet while you are standing.

• Posted

Have you thought it could be Plantar Fasciitis. I am not sure of the symptoms but my friend has similar symptoms to yours and was diagnosed with this.

• Posted

My hubby gets terrible foot pain on the top of the foot. At first they thought it was gout but eventually diagnosed tendonitis. He is very tall (6' 4" - 6' 5") and quite heavy built so weight pressure is also an issue. Only thing he can do is take anti inflammatories and rest the foot when it's painful.

• Posted

Thanks everyone for the advice! I'm booked in to see the doctor again next week after having xrays and bloods taken and will hopefully have a full diagnosis

• Posted

HI

just wondered what was the outcome of the tests how are you getting on Hope the pains better

• Posted

Just a recent update, was down at the rheumatology clinic where I had bloods taken, about 10 xrays done on feet and hands and was told if u have any more pain to go to my doctor to have further tests done. I will be at the doctors tomorrow as have started having the same pain in my left wrist since yesterday. Thanks all for the concerns and will keep this post updated when I get an answer

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.