I have had stem cell treatment for LS, IT WORKS

Posted , 19 users are following.

For all you ladies with LS, I had stem cell treatment in Italy in September 2013, the LS has just started to come back. I had 3 months where the stem cells were kicking in, 12 months relief, and 3 months of i9t wearing off, so now I need more treatment.

The person who first applied stem cell treatment for LS is Dr Frencesco Casabona, who has his practice in Genoa. The actual procedure took 15 or so minutes, I opted for no sedation, so it was a bit painful, but I preferred it that way, and even without the sedative it was totally bearable.

The treatment cost 3,000 euros, plus flights and hotel, so it is not cheap. When you get to Genoa you see Dr Casabona, then next day you go to various places, to have blood taken, to pay for the treatment, its a lengthy process, but not too bad considering the result. Once the blood is processed and ready, you have to undress and gown up, and have the injections. They are not small needles, let me make that clear, but as I said, there are sedatives. Most women have the sedatives. Next morning its back to see Dr Casabona, then in our case we came home.

The treatment works, no doubt about it. No need for the steroid creams, or Protopic, nothing!  Clob, or steroid cream, just thins the skin, and long term use is not good. Protopic is better, it doesnt thin the skin, and is made from an element in a certain soil. The cream is usually used on skin grafts, and in liquid form (I believe) for organ transplants, as it has the ability to repel, or drive back from the surface of the skin, the antibodies that attack it, which cause LS. Protopic is very expensive, my first tube was private, before NICE had approved of it, and 12 years ago it cost me £84 for 30 grammes. It was made by Fujiwasa, who invented it, but now it is made by other companies.

Protopic, is, in my opinion, as a sufferer for over 20 years, far superior to Dermovate, but as I said, less prescribed, it is expensive.

I get itching in the LS area after I have drunk or eaten certain things, chocolate, cola, citrus fruit, tap water (yes, tap water, which is cram packed with cleaning chemicals and aluminium, apart from hormones from the pill) and before I went through the change with a certain famous brand of sanitary towel, which ALWAYS caused me to itch. I think there are too many chemicals in sanitary towels, (similar to  cat litter) and would advise any woman to try to buy pure cotton. I am not saying any of these things cause LS, but they certainly aggravate it. So, next question is could I have sex after stem cell treatment, well I think I coulod have, but I also have more recent severe back problems which have caused my pelvis to slip, so I wouldnt have been able to anyway. I lost a man, my mind and hope with LS, also my sex life, my pride and my femininity, or thats how it felt for a long long time. I wouldnt hesitate to say to a daughter, if I had one, go have the stem call treatment. The cost is the bummer, we need to lobby Parliament, is anyone out there in agreement?

6 likes, 61 replies

61 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Sounds so amazing, let's hope this is going to be the break through needed, I would do without my little treats and pay for it if I could. 
    • Posted

Yes hopefully Rose, until they find the cause, they cant find the cure, we know that, and as most of us with LS have other auto immune disorders, like thyroid, I think it is also an auto immune disease rather than an STD. There are other facts involved, children get LS, also LS is very prevalent in Downs Syndrome children, so STDs ruled out here. All I know is, I need to sort some treatment soon, and now I have an alternative, and while I have the money, I will, if I have to, pay for it. Naturally I dont want to. I would have to go back to Italy, but I am a good traveller, so not a problem.
    • Posted

Correction, agood traveller, so a problem.
    • Posted

Something wrong lol, try again , Not a good traveller, so a problem.

• Posted

Dear Imo.

I'm new here and writing to express my profound appreciation of your efforts.

THANK YOU SO MUCH for being a willing guinea pig, so sparing some poor undefended creature from experimentation,

and, also for being willing to pay for the experiment with the philosophy of a pioneer. Really thank you!

I'm coming at this from a slightly different angle which is as a nurse working in the field of Gastroenterology....where experimentation...actually carried out in the 80's is coming to light .

This experimentation has to do with autoimmunity and its causation. I would like to ask - if I may - about your diet and whether you consume gluten, grains and dairy? Its just that there is gathering evidence that avoiding these inflammatory foods (which have changed so much since our grandmothers consumed these products - which were then uncontaminated with chemicals and pesticides).

It seems to be that auto-antibodies are behind this plague ...but they can be controlled. Infact anti-body counts can be reversed to zero....the count you would expect.

I've heard of others who have successfully reduced their antibody counts.

I'm thinking that now you have a beautiful new vulva how lovely it would be if you could keep it? So I was wondering if you would possibly consider trying this dietary effort? And joining me. I've just started and its going well. My searing inflammation has stopped and things are calming right down.  What do you think? This is one pioneer to another. I've read on here of various of us trying this ...Phil in particular put it to me..

Further more i'm already aware from Outpatients that it seems to grant not just relief but also reversal from IBS and other digestive disorders. So what do you think? More experimentation? Will you try it?

liz

• Posted

Hi, I was treadet by Dr. Casabona in Italiy 2 weeks before .I am still waiting that the burning and itching will gone. What do you think. How long I have to wait ? I am so hopeless, so sad.

The creams he told me I can`t use because I have a lot of allergies. Have you use some creams? Or does it heal without any ?

Thank You from Germany

• Posted

Hello Marie! I use something called "Argile Verte" a green clay from France. Mix it with water with wooden spoon and apply. use a cotton flannel to protect your clothes. This cuts through the burning and itching. I discovered it once when I was wwoofing in France and I cut my thumb. My host offered me this and in three days the skin closed. A very healing powder. You can also use a small ice pack which will give temporary relief.

• Posted

Sounds inspiring. thank you for your story it is yet another avenue I had not gone down. At the moment The LS I am managing through different diets supplement and therapies. But thank you for sharing the stem cell procedure. And for your courage to go through it. 
  • Posted

Hello! Thanx for all the good information in the tread! I have tried to contact Dr Casabona with no success, and his website is down atm. Does anyone have information about his practice and current situation? Or can recommend another physician that does these procedures also on men like me.? I'm living in Sweden. Thanks!

• Posted

Hey Lyran, you can also call Dr Riethard Huter.She is a OB/Gyn in Austria/Europe.

Look at her website.She is great!!!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.