I have had these bump on my glans for a while and was wondering if they are an sti/std

Posted , 1 user is following.

imageFor some background, I am a 23 year old virgin and have had these bumps ever for as long as I can remember (7+ years). I admittedly masturbate without any lubricant atleast once or twice a day and don't always wash off afterwards with water simply wiping away (speaking of my penis after ejaculation as I suspect this may be caused by hygiene). Recently due to CORVID-19, I have been masturbating more often and these bumps have been getting more and more sensitive and noticeable. I was hoping for some help diagnosing these bumps, since I have been obsessing over them for weeks now, and I am still not sure if this is a combination of poor hygiene and frequent masturbation or an std. I will be getting an STD test soon once everything has settled down, but was hoping to get some advice in the mean time.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi jamie,

You are not at risk of an STD if you're still a virgin! The problem you have is quite common, which is dry skin and irritation from friction (e.g. from dry masturbation).

You should consider applying a moisturising cream to the glans at least three times a day (e.g. Aveeno, E45, Diprobase, coconut oil etc) and washing with a moisturising soap/gel (e.g. Oilatum soap, Aveeno Body wash, etc).

Adhari

• Posted

Thank you for your response adhari. I know that STDs mainly occur due to as the name states sex, but I had been worried as I had thought it could have been an STI/STD passed on from my parents during birth (fear just warps with reasoning). Thank you again for the quick and well-written response and I'll be sure on taking your advice.

• Posted

Photos don't lie, so take some photos of the glans maybe 3-4 weeks into your programme of intensive moisturising as you already have some 'before' photos for comparison.

• Posted

Yes will do, thanks again for the help!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.