I have Hallux Limitus and I am considering Cartiva Implant Surgery

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have Hallux Limitus and I am considering Cartiva Implant Surgery. Is this the best way to go? Do they perform the surgery with a local anesthetic or general anesthesia? I would be interested in hearing from anyone who has had this done and hearing your opinions. 

1 like, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi Gary,

I too have this condition, initially just on the one side since teenage years, but recently the other side is losing flexibility. It's getting more tedious as time goes on and more uncomfortable. I assumed I had it following a fall down stairs as I have had it so long. I think they do the op under general anaesthetic as they are filing / chopping the bones?! I would be very interested to know the answer to your question as I am considering getting something done about it. . I have been told the recovery is quite difficult and painful. I will watch for any answers you get biggrin

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.