i have hashimoto's Disease Symptoms , but tests are Normal , what should i do, Plzz help

Posted , 4 users are following.

i have sweaty hands problem since long i can remember , My hairs are falling out like crazy . Quit Sports due to heart palpitations problem . gain a big belly despite having a athletic physique in the past . And im sensative to cold . always have a urge to throw water on feets idk why .. done tsh t3 and t4 tests and T-scan .. results are

tsh  1.62

T3 5.7

T4 18.2

T-scan  0.8% uptake  .

what should i do .. is there any other test that can help in diagnose ..plz help

hair fall and sweaty hands are most troubling to me :'( ..

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

The only other test that may help with a diagnosis, if you do indeed have Hashimoto's is the Tgab and TPO anti-body test.  If either of these is positive than you have Hashimoto's.  But..  even if it comes back positive, with your TSH in the normal range, you would most likely get denied treatment.  They do not treat Hashimoto's, like they do with say, Lupus or RA and other autoimmune diseases.  Their reasoning is that medications that help stop your body from attacking itself, such as Prednisone, can actually cause more side effects than Hashimoto's itself does..   Still...their are so many conditions that can mimic hypothyroidism or hyperthyroidism.  Anything from vitamin deficiency to hormones or even other autoimmune diseases to even food sensitivities.  The testing for antibodies in your body is a good place to start though. 

• Posted

thank u soo Much . just wanna ask which type of doctor u think can better understand my problems .. So i can consult to him
    • Posted

Well.. you would probably need a referral from your regular family doctor, but I would say that a endocrinologist is your best bet.  They deal with thyroid issues, hormones imbalances and pituitary issues. 
  • Posted

Hi, I  hope you feel much better soon. you may want to ask your doctor to prescribe Anti-thyroid Antibodies Tests, antithyroglobulin antibody test for further diagnosis.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.