I have HBsAg positive and HBV DNA with 647507 IU/mL. Am I in acute or in chronic stage of Hepatitis

Posted , 4 users are following.

What to do if you HBsAg positive and HBV DNA quantitative results with 675071 IU/ml? Do I need to consult a doctor? Am I in acute of chronic stage? Someone suggested me to take Tenofovir Disoproxil tables to control it. Will this be helpful? Please help.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Kevin, whether it’s acute or chronic infection depends on the period of infection. It is said that if HBsAg is positive for over 6 months, then it’s Chronic infection. The Viral load from HBV DNA seems to be a lot (to me). Obviously it’s best to see a doctor instead of taking any medication at your own. Because it depends on the LFTs as well and the scan of your liver. Hope it helps. Regards 
    • Posted

Hi Muhammad,

Thanks for your help. I accidentally came to know when I was suppose to donate blood to a friend. I really dont' know since how long i have been carrying it. I am just worrying how and when this virus came to me. I just visited a doctor and he asked me to be on the same medicine of Tenofovir for atleast 30 days to see the result.  Will I have to be on these kind of medicine for rest of my life? Will this recover later? My SGPT result is 29 U/L currently.

Please suggest.

Please suggest 

• Posted

Can’t comment about the medication dear. Best is to take opinion of few doctors and then decide. 
    • Posted

Sure Muhammad. Please help me understand more about HBV DNA quantitative results of 675071 IU/ml. 

Thanks.

• Posted

Its best to see a doctor and take medicine . hope it will be ok.
    • Posted

Thanks Mamun. I just visited a doctor. But I am just worrying about acute or chronic level as I don't know what HBV DNA quantitative results with 675071 IU/ml stands for.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.