I have high SGPT. i am 25 years old. Im scared about this. What should i do?

Posted , 7 users are following.

Is SGPT and HIV are the same?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

It doesnt mean you have HIV, it just means you have liver damage. Whether from alcohol consumption, hepatitis, or some autoimmune disorder
  • Posted

I suggest you go back to your primary care Dr and tell him your fears, no one can comment regarding this result on here as we don't have all the relevant information in front of us to be able to even guess at a diagnosis, come back and let us know how you get on but try not to expand something that could be nothing worse than a viral infection

• Posted

No, elevated ALT does not mean you have HIV but at times it can indicate liver disease.

There are many reasons for elevated liver enzymes. Is your ALT the only one that is elevated? How elevated is it? If it's only slightly elevated, I wouldn't worry to much..

Have your Dr re check it in a few months and if it's still elevated have him/her do a work up on your liver, like ordering more labs that are liver specific and an abdominal ultrasound to check for fatty liver.

In the mean time if your diet isn't all that great, clean it up. Limit sugar and simple carbs. Eat lots of fresh fruits and veggies. If you drink alcohol, think about stopping. If you don't have a regular exercise routine, start one. Even if it's just walking for 30 minutes a day. Doing all these things are beneficial for your liver. Beneficial for your health in general but in the event you do have fatty liver, doing these things can reverse it.

Keep in mind liver enzymes tend to fluctuate and things like a cold, an infection, a virus and even some medications can cause a temporary increase...

• Posted

Had my SGPT and SGOT high as well last year but now SGOT normalize and working on my SGPT
    • Posted

hi Jay ,, what did you do to normalized your SGPT  and SGOT ?
    • Posted

Hi sorry for late reply, a friend of ours happens to be a doctor advise me to take Hepasil from USANA, you can drop to my facebook profile for the testimony

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.