I have hope!

Posted , 2 users are following.

I went to the doctor today. One week post op but it’s been looking so good that the dr. Thought I was two weeks postop he was confused and then he finally saw his notes and he was apologetic. I am finally in a boot and in 2  weeks I will be able to go to PT and hopefully start getting better. He gave me gave me Gabapentin for the burning and so I could sleep at night and I am taking Percocet for the pain but I’m trying to not take as much one in the morning and night, I heard it’s hard to get away from those painkillers so I don’t want to  get addictive. Take  it  day by day ladies because we can do this! I felt lost at times since I am in my 30s and have two young children still in school but we will do this. Keep up the faith, prayers and  never lose  hope.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Good job Lucy!!!    I do hope you have help with everything.  Having a family and Being in a boot just after one week is super.   It was a month before I was able to get my cast off and into a boot.   I am now two months post op and in my tennis shoes.   I wear my boot when my foot starts getting tired but it’s not often any more.  

You are doing very well........

• Posted

Thank you Kathy, I appreciate your words this can be very hard the second day what is the worst I woke up with excruciating burning on my leg but thanks to my doctor I should be getting better and the pain is subsiding. Yes I have amazing kids and has bee thank you Kathleen, I appreciate your words this can be very hard the second day what is the worst I woke up with excruciating burning on my leg but thanks to my doctor I should be getting better and the pain is subsiding. Yes I have amazing kids, husband,  parents and friends that have come to visit and help me out. But sometimes I feel like it would be impossible and can be very  frustrating.  

Especially when the husband is in a bad mood but it’s a challenge for everyone,  we have to be strong. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.