I have HS for 1,5 years

Posted , 2 users are following.

I have been suffering from Hidradenitis Suppurativa for a year and a half Non Stop.

I heard yesterday that CAV is good for it. Has anyone used it. Or can anyone recommend anything please

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi Elizabeth

I don't have this illness however I have heard my dermatologist speak of it as being -- well, even more trying than what I have. I remember him saying that he keeps his patients with hidradenitis suppurative on a combination of clindamycin and rifampin. He does not take them off it, as some dermatologists do. His name is Dr. Walsh and he is head of Sunnybrook Dermatology in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. I don't know where you are, however he is a very highly regarded doctor. I will say (this is just me, not a doctor) that pretty much the only thing that has helped me is good old-fashioned household bleach. I did not try it until the three-year mark with my issue. 1/3rd bleach mixed in 2/3rds shampoo (okay, I have stupid scalp folliculitis caused by staph aureus) keeps the symptoms waaaay down. I myself have been on clindamycin and rifampin for over a year. I take a probiotic (the expensive ones from the FRIDGE in a health food store -- not the nonsense in Shoppers Drug Mart that is on the shelf and doesn't work) and I'm fine. 

I just wash with the bleach mixture. Nothing else worked, and I have not experienced any adverse affects. That's just me. Maybe start with a low concentration of bleach in a cleanser. Or don't even try it -- up to you.

I would try to find a doctor who will keep you on these medications, not take you on and off. 

Good luck and I'm sorry you have to deal with this. Sucks.

Betttie

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.