I have increased my dose and I feel awful

Posted , 3 users are following.

Dear all

Hope you have all had a good day.

I am reaching out because I do not think my doctor has any time for me.

I have been reading lots of comments and taken the plunge and joined.

I have been on 20mg and due to a health scare (exaccerbated by my anxiety about getting cancer) my doctor upped me to 40mg. Four weeks later and I am having some days with CONSTANT belching and lower back pain, which in my head is pancreatic cancer.

I hate feeling like this. Life is for living, but I am struggling so badly. The burping is making me feel so nauseous and I have no appetite.

If someone said to me here's a billion pounds to not feel like I do, I would have to tell them to keep their money. My poor husband and children.

Any belching advice very welcome.

Kindest regards

0 likes, 29 replies

29 Replies

• Edited

hi was wondering how you got on I just went up to 40mg 12 days ago im at my witts end its terrible the side effects I hope your well and this nightmare

• Posted

I have been on a upped dosage for 4weeks today few side effects in week 1-2 the usual anxious feelings etc . Now week 4 loss of appetite feeling sick knot in stomach etc Doctor told me now is around te time that the brain will start getting use to the new dosage. Still difficult i feel your pain

• Posted

Hi Rob.

Evertime you up a dosage the side effects come back Ive been on these tablets for 25 years starting at one 20mg tablet now four weeks ago after a very stressful period im now on 60mg. Its been so long when i first started its difficult to remember the exact feeling i had. What i do know is it gets better. 6-8 weeks usually for side effects to diminish Then fingers crossed another couple of weeks to start to feel better. Its a long road. And to be honest its knocked me for 6 this time. My Doctor says it takes a few weeks for the tablet to get into your system then another few weeks for the brain to recognise what it is. Stay in there buddy any help you need give me a message

• Edited

Thanks for the reply Mark I was on lexapro fo 16years tried to wean off it big mistake bro went back on it but just didn't work again made me suicidal scary I was taking it for anxiety so had to go off it after 6 weeks of hell and now another 7 weeks of hell really appreciate you replying a lot of people get better and don't bother they forget they were in this position I worry it won't work for me thats the anxiety torturing my head

• Posted

I'm sorry your going through a rough time bud anytime you need a chat im here hopfully we will get through this 🙏

• Posted

Fingers crossed mate Thankfully i work from home so i havnt got the stress of going into work. Its annoying because last week i had a good few days Hopefully both of us will see some improvement in the following weeks

• Edited

No problem.

Just seen this message must have gone through a mod. Thats what i constantly think that its not going to work even though it has in the past. I had a lapse sunday went out for a get together and had way to much to drink. Felt bad eversince not sure if it sideaffects of the drugs or of the beer. Eitherway felt awful these past few days going to knock it on the head I think. Drinking has become a little bit of an issue.

• Edited

yes bud wait till you get yourself sorted the drinks prob messed it up a bit have to keep going bro we will get there many times I've felt like necking a bottle of vodka

• Posted

just checking in mate you ok?

• Posted

just seeing this mate terrible headache legs very shaky usual anxiety and overthinking about medication isn't going to work also nausea but nausea not as bad as yesterday well mate how are you today

• Edited

Been a bit spaced out today but took a sleeping pill last night so may be something to do with it. Not much anxiety but still dont want to do much its all to much hassle had a shave first time in 4 weeks so it was needed and not much stomach cramps so all in all not to bad got to go to the heart doctor next week and have a monitor just incase it isnt anxiety ( although i know it is) we will get there matey what part of the world do you live?. maybe when this is all over ill pop around for a pint?

• Posted

brilliant Mark happy things are getting better for you yeah mate it's hard to do anything hard to move feel ur pain im from Belfast n ireland would love that but doubt you live here lol 2 weeks tomorrow on increase hope this anxiety goes soon its hard to get shaved im the same

• Edited

Belfast? brilliant over the water mate in london had a bit og a panic attack walking dog then broke down infront of my wife just apologised for putting her through this always 2 steps forward 1 back we will get there mate

• Posted

really is mate this message just came through just want it to end and get life back hate being shut away I have never been through anything as bad as this time

• Edited

i know mate it is hell on earth i actually had a phase of a few hours that i felt normal last night which i suppose is a good sign just a knot in my stomach at night time which is stopping me from sleeping i am seeing slow signs of improvement but it takes an age how are you feeling this morning?

• Posted

felt sick this morning lot of anxiety legs like rubber feel weak fatigue shocking I hope it ends soon bro 2 weeks today on 40mg I will b 8 weeks on fluxidine on Tues how are you today mate

• Posted

Strangish today feeling ok in parts then not so great in others anxiety still there but much reduced just feel tiredish funny feeling. getting muscle twitches in the night which is weird all i all a bit meh.

• Posted

yeah get those muscle twitches aswell mate ringing in ears stomach is all over the place no appetite losing weight again anxiety is bad when did anxiety start to ease when you upped mate

• Edited

felt ok for the first week okish for parts of the second then going into third was when it turned bad for me Catching my breath sweating shaking trouble sleeping loss of appetite etc. then just before week 4 anxiety subsided a little espicially in the day started then to feel more tired as if the brain was resting last time i went through an episode like this after upping my dosage it took around 6ish weeks to be ok i had been struggling then one day it had disssapeared i have had a few of these episodes over the years some took 1 week other 6 months. Its always worst the first time as you dont know whats happening

• Posted

at least your on the way to normality mate wont be long I'm hoping this anxiety eases it's a living nightmare

• Posted

ive succume mate had 2 bottles of beer feel much better. im not saying drinking is the best thing to do but it takes the edge of for a while. stay strong ill check in soon you owe me that pint .

• Posted

yeah mate still rough shaky and legs are weak how have you been doing

• Edited

tightness in my back still struggling to sleep etc have the odd moment when i feel normalish. so i suppose tablets must be doing something 5 weeks tomorrow for me hang in there mate

• Edited

yes Mark they are working for you mate your starting to see the sunshine anxiety has eased from this morning sometimes I dare say it I feel as if they are trying to work still a way to go the waves of anxiety are terrible still shaking and weakness fatigue but we will beat this 👍

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.