I have insomnia for as long as I remember.

Posted , 6 users are following.

I have finally been subscribed some zopiclones off my doctor after years of cannabis and alcohol abuse because of having such sever sleeping problems. 

Tried the tablets for the first time at 00:12, dropped 2, 3.75 mg tables. After half an hour waiting and nothing happen I thought another 3.75 would be okay and should send me off.. I have tossed and turned in my bed for hours waking again at 2:30 popped one more 3.75mg and tried head on pillow again.. After still being awake now at 4:35, i have just sat up and am thinking about doing two more, I know I shouldn't but I really want to sleep and it's messing up my whole life?! 

Any my suggestions on other sleep things? Or do u just drop the whole box?! Really getting fed up with it now -.- was hoping for some decent help off the doctors.. I don't think my doctor will subscribe any thing else because I have already taken too much of what they told me to take. I don't know who or what I can turn to anymore. I need help. 

0 likes, 21 replies

21 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Dear Kim,

Your doctor is only allowed legally to prescribe a maximum of 7.5 mg per night. That's the law.

I think that because  you were a cannabis user and a drinker, the zopiclone won'tt be working well on you.

Can I suggest that you go back to the doctor and explain that the zoopiclone just didn't work, and ask for something stronger. Zopiclone is probably the weakest sleeping pill manufactured.

A word of warning, though - you can get badly addicted to zopiclone and all the other sleeping tablets. DON'T DROP THE WHOLE BOX!!!!!!!!!

After forty years of addiction to every sleeping tablet under the sun, I am now slowly reducing them, with an expert doctor's supervision.

One thing that might help is to take those sleep aid tablets you can buy from the chemist (the 50 mg diphenhydramine ones) and pay attention to what is called 'sleep hygiene'. Basically, don't sit doing things on the computer or watching the telly for at least an hour before you go to bed. You can google it - I can't remember the other things.

Then, when you're as calm as possible - after a nice bath or shower - take 7.5mg zopiclone (obviously that's two of the 3.75mg ones AND take the 50 mg sleep aid, both at the same time.

Concentrate on keeping your mind empty of thoughts. If any thoughts come into your head, banish them.

Breathe slowly and deeply and let your mind empty itself. Make sure the light's out - studies have shown for years that we all sleep better in the dark.

I hope this helps you. Please avoid drug websites - they are dangerous and very expensive. Do everything via your doctor. I know how awful it to lie awake night after night, and I confess I bought LOADS of pills online, but that was very foolish of me. You don't have any guarantee that what they send you is the real thing - it could be rat poison - and, as I say, they are very, very expensive. Good luck from Tess.

• Posted

hi tess,

i did actually end up the last 4 from the box at about 6:00am I just couldn't take it anymore and yett I still couldn't sleep and was up the whole of the day too.

im having breakdown and I really can't take it anymore, I've spoken to my doctors calm,y and I've begged them, but they still won't help me! 

I have to pay money for my prescriptions too and it's just ridiculous when they are giving you something that just doesn't work. 

Honestly id id rather be addicted and do it all my life than carry on the way I am living now. It's awful I cannot even get a job because its so bad and am unable to buy tablets off the internet because of the expense.. 

Okay i I will have a look into that thank you. 

Thats ts a very big problem for me though, I am not able to just turn my head off. If I try to stop thinking, I start thinking to hard about not doing it. I have had this problem for so long I just can switch off.. I have tried multiple sleep hypnosis and guided meditation on the internet which slightly helps.

thank you very much for your advice. I think I need to make if clear that if I cannot find something to help soon I'm gonna give up on this whole thing. And I don't want to have to buy cannabiss and a bottle of wine evey day. 

Lets see if my doctors take me more seriously next time then confused

Thank You

• Posted

You need to change doctors. I can detect a worrying desperation in your reply.

We are all here for you and we all know how terrible it is going night after night without sleep.

If you can manage to find a different doctor who will prescribe something stronger than zopiclone, you might feel better. I don't usually rrecommend taking another addictive pill for one that isn't working but you seem to me to be at the end of your rope.

I'm so sorry. Stay with us. Sent with my love, Tess

• Posted

I am very very desperate now. I have spent most days sat at home wondering what to do as I haven't got work etc. 

My insomnia has always been bad but now I'm getting to a place in my life where I need to be reliable for work and earn a living, something need to be done erguntly sad I have a dog to look after, I cannot not work! 

Thank you you all so much I do appreciate it.

feel much better with all your suggestions.

• Posted

Oh, this is awful. You must be feeling so terrible, especially about the dog. I have four cats and ran out of money temporarily last week (I'm on benefits) but I panicked till I found someone who could lend me enough for cat food. It was a huge relief when a kind friend did so.

I truly cannot think of what to suggest, other than going to your local drug addiction clinic and telling them what's going on, and take it from there.

You are in my thoughts. Try to stay strong. However desperate you are, remember that the dog needs you. Love Tess.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.