I have intermittent af which is controlled with til dime and clopidogrel.

Posted , 4 users are following.

Am on holiday and have started to get heart racing episodes never had before....why?

1 like, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Sorry to hear of your heart racing episodes and not wanting to be flippant, but join the club!

I haven't heard of the medications you are taking though.

• Posted

I would like to apologise for my flippant comment above. I was not in the best of health/moods yesterday and shouldn't have replied at that time.

Racing heart usually denotes flutter which together with afib is very unpleasant. Your heart is not pumping properly as with afib and hopefully you are taking an anticoagulant.

See your cardio or doctor as soon as you can.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.