I have itching, scaling inside my ears and have had this condition for years.

Posted , 2 users are following.

The itching and scaling is something I've had for years and have gone to several dermatologist and been given the same answer...do not scratch inside your ears.  The only solution I have received is a topical steriod cream that helps with the itching but provides no long term cure of the scaling and itching.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I have the exact same thing.
    • Posted

Do you do anything to treat your condition?

• Posted

Just the topical steroid cream. It keeps it at bay. Sometimes I have to use it several times a day.
    • Posted

One would think that with all the people with the same condition (itching and scaling of the ear canal) some dermatological solution would have been found.  I have had this condition all my life and have been to I don't know how many DRs and the same old solution is given (steroid cream).

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.