I have itchy red bumps on my ankles , what are they and how can I relieve them ?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I get itchy red bumps around my ankles the sock line. Very itchy and it happens this time last year aswell . Itching last year left me with scars and I don't want it to happen this year . Any help ?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Have you tried anti itch creams which you buy in stores. Or calamine lotion. If you can take Benadryl it will help with itching
    • Posted

I've been using an anti itch cream but helps for twenty minutes and the. It's back again sad il try calamine lotion though that's a good idea ! Thank you

• Posted

Sounds like you are allergic to something. Are use using the same soap or detergent. It could be the socks you are wearing. Or it could be the cream or lotion you are using.

I was told to use a popular brand of moisturizing cream ( it starts with an A) and my ankles turned red and I started to itch.

Have you gone to a doctor and had an allergy test. Or a dermatologist

Years ago, I was itching all over and discovered by a dermatologist that I was allergic to all hand soaps except 2 that are used for burn victims. One is called a bird and the other is called a metal. This site doesn't allow brand names.

But over time, you have to find a product that helps with itching. The metal kind that starts with the letter ( i ), I am now allergic to, so I had to find another soap that is for sensation skin.

Good luck in your quest.

Benadril. ( sorry about the spelling), it helps for temporary itching.

• Posted

Hi,

I get that myself now and again, it drives me mad.

I think its just like a sweat rash, if your not allergic, put a little talcum powder on your feet, and when your not going anywhere, take your sicks off and walk round the house like that, give your feet some fresh air.

If you've scratched a lot, rub a little sudocrem on it, it'll ease it and keep it clean.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.