I have itchy spots come up especially on legs, on buttocks and odd ones other places

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi I’m in desperate need of help, I’m still waiting for dermatology appointment. I do not suffer skin conditions, 7 months ago I started getting the odd itchy spot, like a hive. It stared on both buttocks then shins. Well it’s got worse. I itch especially at night and when hot. I have had to up my antidepressants because of this. I’ve tried scabies treatment 5 times so it’s not that and other family members would have it. 

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Do you have cats or other animals where you live or work?   Could they be flea bites?   Its so difficult to tell what an itchy rash is caused by so hope you get to see a dermatologist soon.

I'm assuming you have already tried antihistamine tablets?

You could try washing the area in an anti dandruff shampoo in case it is a  fungal rash. Smooth it on...wait for 5 minutes and wash off thoroughly. Do this every day but if you think it makes it worse,then discontinue.

• Posted

Hi Marina

Yes I do have dogs and a cat, but no they are not flea bites, I’ve had them 8 months now, it’s driving me insane, the spots have like a hole in the middle, I don’t know if you can post pictures on here?

• Posted

Hole in the middle?...sounds like Molluscum contagiosum.   It should clear by itself but it can take about 18months and there are treatments available.  Yes you can post a picture by clicking on the box at the far right when you start a new reply. 

Usually caught by close contact with someone who has it. Do you have a sexual partner? NB its not a STD.     

• Posted

Hi finally I got diagnosed on Friday, more serious than I thought and has got worse.

I have nodular prurigo and being tested for other autoimmune diseases 

• Posted

I think your symptom could be due to skin problems like eczema, fungal infections or even STDs. Get it checked by your doctor for appropriate treatment. Remember that some certain foods may trigger your itching. You should eliminate nuts, citrus, alcohol, chocolate and caffeine in your diet. Eating foods rich in in vitamins E, C and A to alleviate your itching. Applying garlic or soaking in Epsom salt also help.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.