I have jaw & chest pain, what does this mean?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi people, I am 17 years old & i do not know why but in the past few weeks my jaw has been really hurting, everytime i open it to eat anything it really hurts & when i open to eat a sanwhich or a burger i feel like it pops to a side, my left side hurts more. This is not the first time it happens, while i was in highschool i did track & field & every day my jaw would hurt after the work outs & it was a very intense pain. This happens every time i work out. For a long time i have been suffering from chest pains, it makes it hard for me to breath sometimes, at night i cant even move because it hurts too bad, it just comes and goes. That had been going on for a while but i thought it was just air bubbles on my chest, i dont know if ny jaw & my chest pains have anything to do with each other. When i tell my mom all she does is tell me to take medicine but it only goes away for a little & then comes back again.

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Well Nicole all I could say is to go and check your self out and let the doctor Know what are your symptoms. When I get my anxiety attacks my chest also be hurting me as well. But on the other hand my jaw doesn't hurt me then again everyone has different symptoms. I hope you get this address

• Posted

Yea, for a while i thought my chest pains were from anxiety, but now i dont know if it is related to my jaw & if its something bad... i try telling my mom but she doesnt listen to me, i havent been to the doctor in a while, last time i went they told me i had really high colehesterol & trylicerites, i dont know if that has anything to do with my hest pain either but i dont know, im just a little concerned....

• Posted

Nicole please go check your self out because my friend had high cholesterol and he didn't do nothing about it he had it almost for two years and one day he was driving and started to have chest pains and couldn't breathe so he went to the hospital and they had to operate immediately because he had 2 of these valves going to his heart not working and not pumping air to his heart. They were clogged not saying that is going to happen to you just go and see a doctor so u could be on a safe side I'm just sharing what happened to my friend.

• Posted

Not pumping blood not air sorry about that
    • Posted

Wow thats terrible, sometimes at night i get chest pains & its hard for me to breathe & j cant move... i really shouls go to the doctor.

• Posted

I agree with Jennifer.

You really do need to et it checked out otherwise how do you know what you are dealing with. 

• Posted

Yes so u could be at ease that's what I did when I started getting my chest pains I thought I was having a heart attack but thanks to god it wasn't and my heart is good

I have really bad anxiety attacks so now when I get them I rule out that is my heart and trust e Nicole your mind will be at ease

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.