I have just been diagnosed with dupuytrens condition in ...

Posted , 2 users are following.

I have just been diagnosed with dupuytrens condition in an unusual place, under the arch of my left foot. It started out as a tiny pea and has grown over the year into the size of a marble. The consuntant has told me they will not operate as it is in a strange place, but my worry now is what will happen to it, whether it will get bigger so that i won't be able to walk. He did say that injections will hold the growth back but with all the other problems i have such as osteoarthritis, fybromialgia i am wondering what to do.

[i:0ea41cc4b6]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:0ea41cc4b6]

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

hi...I'm recovering from a fasciectomy to correct a severely bent little finger on my left hand (I'm left handed) and four years ago had the right hand done with a good outcome. I've just been told that two lumps in my right foot are a related condition. plantar fibrmyotosis (I think) no pain there as yet so I'm keeping what fingers and toes x's that I can manage. I was told only 1% of Dupytren's hand patients develop the problem in the feet.

Alan

[i:36bf420d9c]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:36bf420d9c]

• Posted

Hi,

I have had the same problem in my feet for years, it started on my right foot, under the arch, i had that removed under locan in surgery, it returned approx 1 year later. i had that removed under general.

It re appeared approx 12-18mths. this time, after it was removed, the surgeon told me "It had grown like an ice berg, and had entwined among my tendons in my feet." He removed the area on the sole of my foot, where the disease tends to form. not had a problem with that foot in 10 years.

Unfortunatly it decided to re appear on my left foot, twice on the bottom, and once on the inside edge. each time i had them removed by surgery, the last time i asked the surgeon if he would remove as much of the srea as he could, which he did. and i've not had a problem since 6 years or so ago.

Now It has appeared in my right hand, had this removed,18 months ago, but it has since returned on a different finger, same hand plus palm of left hand. still on going.

I recommend that you get to see another surgeon, each one of my procedures were done on the NHS by different surgeons, although i did see a surgeon, like your self who wouldn't do anything with it.

Best of luck

John

[i:eab4f8018e]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:eab4f8018e]

• Posted

Having read some of these posts I am disappointed that DD sufferers on this forum are not having a cortizone injection IMMEDIATELY a nodule appears. I have had several nodules completely 'zapped' without a trace shortly thereafter. Cortizone should be used sparingly.

Also there is no mention of minor proceedure of Needle Fasciotomy, also known as NA for Dupuytren's contracture. This a cheap, quick and fast recovery proceedure. I had NA in Paris a few months ago for both Ledderhose and Dups. I walked out of the surgery and had most of the use of my hand. Within three days I had full use of my hand. Contraction completely gone.

[i:c3bdd0cf18]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:c3bdd0cf18]

• Posted

could you give more info on NA in Paris cost? doctors name?

thanks. I am sxheduled for surgury sood and would like another option

[i:9996c341eb]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:9996c341eb]

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.