i have just been prescribed paroxetine 20mg after a stay...

Posted , 3 users are following.

i have just been prescribed paroxetine 20mg after a stay in hospital for a chronic nuerological condition (physical not mental illness) i have been given no reason as to why this drug was prescribed to me i can find no information on the internet to support paroxetine being used for anything other then depression OCD and other mental illness.

im reluctant to take the drug having read about it i was wondering if anyone had information as to why a neurologist would have prescribed it to me.

i am seeing the doctor who wrote the prescription on friday but i am curious to know why he made his decision.:shock:

[i:12905f850c]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:12905f850c]

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I have taken seroxat (Paroxetine) for nearly ten years and find it terrific. It lifts your mood and restores the feel good factor.

[i:33cd41a327]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:33cd41a327]

• Posted

I have terrible anxiety and it causes me some depression. Was thinking about starting Paxil (paroxetine). It gives me hope that it works for you, how much do you take a day and what time of day do you take it? Any side effects to expect? Do you remember how long it took to start working for you?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.