I have just collected my Orlistat from the chemist.

Posted , 4 users are following.

i am wondering if someone could give me some idea of what I should eat.  I am a veggie and a very fussy one too!!  The only thing that I eat is diary.  I love yog and eat the 0% fat one with grapes for breakfast.   However, i do eat snacks ie weight watchers crisps, biscuits and desserts.   How will these effect me whilst taking these tablets?

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Hiya!

I find that I suffer with baaaaddddd toilet problems after having cheese, but eggs and milk seem to be tollerable for me.

Your breakfast sounds perfect to me, but i'd cut out the biscuits and desserts as you'll get the consequences and they're really not pleasant.

I've been on orlistat for a week now and i've lost over half a stone, so it really does work!

Try eating lots of fruit and veg. Read the labels for everything and stick to eating foods with a fat content of 5g or less per 100g, and consume no more than 45g of fat per day.

Honestly this tablet is amazing..

But YOU are the one to make it work smile and therefore YOU are the one to whom all credit is owed for your success smile

good luck with your weight loss journey!! X

• Posted

Hi Emmy 123, 

Thank you for your comments.  hope i don't get any bad results from cheese as I have to have a little bit at times.  I don't have a very veried diet - no eggs, fish or meat, also do not eat anything that looks like meat ie.soya mince, sausages etc.    I can see myself having only fruit and veg!!!!   i will look out for the 5% fat content in things.  i do like a glass (or two!) of wine but I guess that is out too.

• Posted

i have a blog on the tablets if you want it? it has advice/tips for newbies

they have worked for me

Britney

x

• Posted

That would be great, thank you very much.   Any advice and tips is much appreciated.
    • Posted

Hi Britney, 

I would like to see your blog too if that's not too cheeky, I've just picked up some Orlistat and am nervous as hell about taking them - have heard horror stories about needing to wear a nappy for unavoidable accidents!! 

Bex

• Posted

Hi Bex,

No problem i will PM you now and please don't be nervous it is only if you eat junk you will have the side effects and  the only people that get side effects are the ones who don't follow the correct food rules

Britney

X

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.