I have just flown longhaul and am suffering in Hotel Quarantine with dizziness

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi, really hope someone can help or offer advice...

I am in Hotel Quarantine in Perth Australia .. having just landed from the UK. I landed on Saturday midday. so five days ago

The flight has brought on bad dizziness and nausea.

6 years ago i had a similar issue with my inner ear/dizziness which went away slowly over time(a year or so). There was never a conclusion to what helped fix it back then.

I have an ongoing health condition (m.e/CFS) which was diagnosed in 2018 due to an onset of food poisoning in 2018.

I haven't had inner ear / balance issues for at least 3/4 years now so am concerned about this quite a lot.

As i am in Hotel Quarantine i am unable to leave the room and have very little view of horizon so feel completely 'ungrounded' and still feel like i'm travelling. Obviously due to covid restrictions i can't leave the room to see more horizon which has helped in the past.

I am getting some headaches and earaches on and off at a score of 5/10 for pain level.

I have been speaking to the DR on call here at the hotel but need am looking for more advise please whilst I wait to get out of the hotel in 10 or so days..

Many thanks

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.