I have just found out 1 hour ago via doctors letter, and...

Posted , 2 users are following.

I have just found out 1 hour ago via doctors letter, and i am feeling very scared. I think i have had the hep c for the last ten years. What goes around comes comes around i suppose!

Good Luck all, Lee H :cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock:sadsadsadsadsadsadsadsadsadsadsadsadsadsadsadsadsad

[i:38dfe31ab8]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:38dfe31ab8]

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I think this is an excellent comment as most of us had the same feelings . also the fact that he received the result by post shows atotal lack of understanding by the doctors. the medical proffession can be so callous at times.

[i:23cd6ed06a]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:23cd6ed06a]

• Posted

sorry to hear about your news i have been aware of my illness for a few months you will get over the shock you must start taking care of your liver now fresh fruit water ect good luck mate

[i:316e7c3e87]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:316e7c3e87]

• Posted

Hi all

I just wanted to tell you that my young Daughter contracted the Hep C Virus about ten years ago and was about to embark on counselling prior to possibly starting treatment. Unfortunately, and due to totally unrelated reasons, I lost her last year, but as far as the Hep C was concerned, she was doing very well. There were no indications during her monthly blood checks that the virus was active...her LFT's were always within normal limits. (She didn't have monthly blood checks connected to the Hep C, it was for medication levels)

The thing to do if you have Hep C is to take care of YOU!!! Stop or dramatically reduce alcohol intake :cheers:, eat a well balanced diet and don't engage in further high risk behaviours. You can live for many many years with Hep C...it's not an automatic death sentence and in a minority of cases, the virus has been known to clear itself so all is not lost. I hope you all do OK and just remember to look after yourselves.

:D

[i:aa4bde74ea]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:aa4bde74ea]

• Posted

Well i found out Nov. 06 by letter too and burst into tears, i knew nothing and there wasnt even a leaflet with the letter, i had donated blood and thats why my blood was tested.

I have recently been to the hospital and found it's all that bad, i'm thinking about trying combination therapy anyone been through this? or on it? the side effects sound a bit hard (flu, tiredness, occasionally hair loss) would like to hear someone feed back on it

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.