I have just found out i have BDD which is body dysmorphia disorder

Posted , 2 users are following.

I joined this forum telling people that I have depression and  anxiety and like most we all talk about the medication , what we are on , how long we have been on it, what side effects there are, but I know peoples lives are private and a lot do not want to talk about why they have depression, but I  have been diagnose with bdd, which is body dysmorphia disorder, at first was horrified, but then I was relieved it had a name, and its amazing how many people have it, so if you are a sufferer could you tell me how your coping, I am on medication for depression but I know you can take drugs for this, and much more can be done, please I need help

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi i am shocked to see no one got back to about BDD,  body dysmorphia disorder, i have just been diagnose with it, i know this is scary for people to talk about but it is scary for me too, i feel so lost and need someone else who suffers this to tell me it is going to be ok,
  • Posted

I STILL DO NOT BELIEVE I AM THE ONLY PERSON WHO USES THIS FORUM SUFFERS WITH BBD, BODY DYSMORPHIA   DISORDER , PLEASE IS THERE ANYONE OUT THERE WHO SUFFERS TOO THIS IS NEW TO ME AS I HAVE ONLY JUST FOUND OUT I HAVE IT, IF YOU DO NOT WANT TO TALK ABOUT IT OPENLY THEN PRIVATE MESSAGE PLEASE I WOULD BE SO GRATEFUL, JAYBABES
  • Posted

Hello Jay! I feel the same way, I'm diagnosed with ADHD and I'm taking medicine. At first, it's really hard to cope because we think that we are alone in this battle. But when I started to open my eyes in this situation I learned a lot. We should be open on what is really happening in ourselves. We don't have to be ashamed or afraid instead we should look for a treatment. I decided to seek help and I found adult adhd clinic in London and I can say that I'm getting better.

Here's the link to the clinic, I also heard they also offer treatment for BDD, depresion, anxiety and panic attacks

https://www.adhdcentre.co.uk/

• Posted

Hi Shaterecer thank you so much sorry you are dealing with that but so glad you are getting help, i have looked it up online but its a mind field, and having severe migraines just sets them off, i am under the doctor for my depression and anxiety only be diagnosed a few months but i known i have had it for years to ashamed to tell anyone, it was to do with my terrible past and i could not talk about that either , the only person who knew is my partner, i am now under counselling but on a waiting list , but i can call when i have a bad day, like yesterday they did a session over the phone, it helped a lot, i know it is going to take a long time i have had to deal with this over 40yrs so i am not expecting a miracle, not saying i would love one cheesygrin

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.