I have knee pain

Posted , 3 users are following.

Can I take tumeric tablets along with naproxen

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hello Colette. I can't see why not but sometimes it's best just to ask your pharmacist. I've checked on a drug website and that doesn't mention turmeric as one of the herbs/vitamins to avoid. It's St Johns Wort that is the one to worry about. Hope that helps.
  • Posted

Hi

I dont see why not either but we aren't doctors so I would check with your pharmicist......and make sure to tell her all the meds you take whether they are prescribed or over the counter ones

Love

Eileen {UK}

• Posted

Very sensible advice eileen 93447. You just have to be so careful these days. There are so many different vitamin and minerals on the market it's difficult to know what you should or should not be taking.
    • Posted

Hi

Lots of people think because it sasy "natural" on it it doesnt have side effects. There are a few things that are contraindicated with my epilepsy meds.....I've been clear for 33 years and dont want to lose my driving licence etc so I have to be very careful

Love

Eileen

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.