I have large swollen bumps behind my ears

Posted , 2 users are following.

I've had these bumps behind my ears since i was a late teenager they grew bigger, I am 24 now. I believe they may be my lymph nodes, but i want to know if its serious because I have never met or seen another person that has anything like I do. They are and never were painful however they do kind of affect my jaw i think. I have TMJ

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I also have a few swollen, painless lymph nodes, not around my ear area but my head, neck, and armpit regions for 3+ years now. I think my head lymph node has changed over this course but my memory is very foggy. Despite this my blood and ultrasound came back "clear from cancer". I understand the anxiety though but sometimes lymph nodes swell from viruses and other conditions and never go down, and if you have TMJ that could be the reason. Also if they've been there for years and you don't have other symptoms or at least find more swollen lymph nodes in other sites then thats a good sign. My brother also has a lymph node in that exact same area and its even bigger than yours but its been there for years and he's had no problem. Hopefully this helps a little but I think all lymph nodes should be taken seriously just in case and you should definitely see a doctor to be sure and take the worry off.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.