I have learnt the hard way.....

Posted , 7 users are following.

I can not drink anything, I had my last .... thught I could just have a few but  NO .... sucks but life is bettter without it. I have found I am not one that can just have one or two... it grows to 3,4,5 as many as I can till I can no longer function

2 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

I drink every night to make me feel sleepy and that's a LOT it has to be vodka and pep max and I like ice lots of ice 
    • Posted

I drink to sleep also but... it becomes a drunck sleep that doesnt make you feel rested... not a good thing sad

• Posted

ave decided to get a good nights sleep the only way to do it is to walk or what ever you have to do to tire yourself

• Posted

Hi Sue. I went 4 months sober and pressed the fxxx it button 2 weeks ago! Like you I can't stop at just a few glasses, ends up 2 bottles. Then hangover so bad drink again. Had a week binge at Xmas but this one lasted 2 n half days. Had enough, no enjoyment, just misery and terrified family. After 4 days feeling crap and going cold turkey I'm now nearly 2 weeks sober again. I can't drink like normal people, it sucks but it's reality. Stay sober you and well done..
  • Posted

Sounds like me. I drink and then feel low so drink some more to make it go away sad
  • Posted

Hi sue, bless you, I can truly sympathise xx

But take heart...it does get easier in time...I have been sober for twelve years....after FOUR SECTIONS...TWO WEEKS FROM DEATHS...I NEVER EVER, ever, ever thought that I could do it....but I have, and looking back, it seems so strange how I was then....

Nowadays, I have lost all tolerance ( thank god. ) ...TWO drinks, and I am asleep.....don't lose heart, you will get there in the end.XXX

Much respect and good wishes to you...Deirdre xxx

• Posted

Hi, maybe it's me?, if you've been sober for 12 years, how would you know it only takes 2 drinks to sleep? Maybe I'm confused here?
    • Posted

HI ROGER.. I trust that you are well.....every Friday, early evening myself my husband and my son's go to our near..local pub torte our very good friends there....we stay about two hours.....I have one or at the very !! Most two pints, then go home and fall asleep... however....more iMPORTANTLY, I have totally lost all those horrendous, rip your hair out...cravings, !!!!! And my, oh my...it really does make life easier and much more content.....all the best to you sir..... Regards Deirdre xxx
  • Posted

Thamk you smile
  • Posted

Hey Sue. Moderation only gets harder. Sobriety only gets easier. Z
    • Posted

lately I have been slipping allot sad Time to get back on here more and get back on track. Liked it much better when I didn't have any smile

Thank you

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.