I have lichen schlerosus lichen planus on scalp and back and oral lichen planus

Posted , 8 users are following.

Would love to hear from anyone with tips on how to control this the doctors don't know what to suggest after the steroids and antibiotics made me sick and my mouth blew up so I could hardy swallow ! Any help out there

1 like, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Hi Mary

So sorry to hear you have also been diagnosed.  I was alson on steroids etc. for the oral lichen planus with no success.  I have had 95% success rate using "coconut oil pulling" which is all natural with virtually no side effects.  Every morning when I wake up, I immediately dissolve 1 tbsp. of pure Organic coconut oil in my mouth and swish around for about 15 minutes.  Then spit the oil out and brush your teeth right away.  The coconut oil virtually removes all of the toxins from your mouth and has superior benefits. But yo have to do if first thing in the morning before you eat or drink anything.  You can also do it throughout the day if the ulcers are irritating you.   At one point my mouth and tongue was full of ulcers.  After doing this for a few short days, I am almost 100% clear of ulcers.  You should Google "Benefits of Coconut Oil Pulling" to see the full benefits.  There is so little known about this condition, and less you have suffered with it, it is difficult to explain to anyone.  Be sure to stay away from sugars, acidic foods, cruncy foods, spicy foods.  These types of foods fuel lichen planus.  There is no cure and stress will also increase the occurence of ulcers in the mouth.  Good luck.

• Posted

Hi Terri thanks for replying it's amazing how many people are in our boat all sharing tips ! I do the coconut thing am going to try vegan ! I cut out sugar last year the Merc 300 has healed ulcers in two days amazing take care xx

• Posted

I’ve had good luck keeping my OLP in check with turmeric. I’ve also read on this forum that someone had luck with coconut oil and baking soda. I hope you can try one of these natural remedies. Good luck to you. 
    • Posted

Hi Rita thanks for replying. I take turmeric caps but can't put direct into mouth because the sores are open wounds it's too painful ! So is baking soda ! My homeopath is trying me on Merc (mercury) so I'm hoping that helps will let you know on that soon !?

• Posted

Oh that has to hurt. So sorry. Yeah, keep trying till you find something that works for you. Maybe take the least painful area in your mouth and try applying turmeric or coconut oil without baking soda. Just to see if they work but you know your condition best. Good Luck to you smile . Lots of healthy vibes your way.
    • Posted

I do use coconut oil that's very soothing but at moment I can't even brush my teeth it just makes my mouth bleed even sipping water stings total nightmare but yes thanks for positive vibes !! Xx

• Posted

Hi Mary I use coconut oil for pulling and a very soft toothbrush - a child's at the moment. I hope this of use to you.

• Posted

Hi Annie yes got a baby's toothbrush but even that is rough the corners of my mouth are cracked which makes it hard to open ! I've cancelled so many dentist appointments this year ! It will improve slowly Im sure just wish doctors knew more about this condition eh !? X

• Posted

Have you tried a systemic? The one that worked for me was Hydroxychloroquine - it is the generic for Plaquenil. 

None of the oral paste or salves or liquid gargle worked at all.

Good luck. smile

• Posted

Hi Linda no doctor has offered me that they just said they could only offer steroids I will ask again ! Did you have to take it for long ? I do use emuaid ointment which is natural that helps I'm trying not to take drugs !! I'm also only drinking chicory instead of coffee and am going to start vegan diet from now happy days😷

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.