I have lots of symptoms of cervical cancer - anyone else?

Posted , 2 users are following.

I'm 29 and I basically have all the symptoms of cervical cancer. I am genuinely concerned that I have it (not reassurance seeking), and have an appointment with a gynecologist in a couple of weeks. But I hate the waiting.

I should say that I had a miscarriage in mid-September but I do not think these symptoms are related as they have got worse instead of better.

First, I have a near constant watery cervical mucus no matter where I am in my cycle. It's not so bad that it's pouring out and I have to wear panty liners but it's just always wet and I was not like that before.

Second, I've been having uterine tenderness. This, again, has been getting worse instead of better. The uterus / upper cervix is definitely the epicenter, and I get other twinges in the pelvic region too.

This month I've had some random spotting. I did for one day when I was ovulating, so I put it down to that, but then I wiped again a week later and there was some pink blood. I sort of 'pushed' and a little bit more came out, almost like a very small clot.

My doctor says I have an ectropion, but I know they are basically indistinguishable from the c word.

My periods have been on time, but much weirder than they used to be. Like, a few days of light, brown bleeding, then a day of just solid clots, then a few days of normal liquid red blood.

I had a clear smear one year ago, and two clear ones before that, but I don't fully trust smears. I also did a home HPV test from LetsGetChecked recently, which was clear, but I literally have no idea if that's reliable or not.

I've also obviously had several ultrasounds over the last few months (most recently three months ago) and nobody mentioned anything bad but I know that this sort of thing doesn't show up well on ultrasounds.

Has anyone else had these symptoms, and what was wrong (whether c word or not!)

Thanks very much.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Did you have a curettage after your miscarriage?   ie a surgical procedure to remove any residual tissue from your uterus?     If not,this may be the cause of your symptoms.  
    • Posted

Thank you for replying. I had an MVA, similar to a D&C. They scanned me straight after and said I was all clear, but then I passed another 2x3 piece of tissue four days later that they somehow missed! I've been scanned again since and they're saying there's nothing in there. But I don't know. Maybe there is and they just can't see it again

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.