I have LP, and have had it for about 4 years. I now only...

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have LP, and have had it for about 4 years. I now only have it

on my legs, mostly on my left leg. The creams I used I think have

not worked on this part of my body. I now have two large lp areas that have been damaged by my itching. One of which has been leaking sticky fluid, that often glues to my clothing. Breaking it away causes more problems. I have not had any sensible advice from my doctor about getting over the iching that manifests. I did notice that the antibiotics / paracetimol that i had been taking temperary reduced the itching, a co-insidence as these were for a tooth extraction!

I have finished my antibiotics and itching returns.

Ideas about how to get rid of itching is more important than the LP - if anyone can advise

Thanks

Wallace

[i:495203d203]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:495203d203]

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Wallace i just read abt the LP itching,i am suffering from LP for almost 1 yr now and for the itching my doc had precribed ATHRAX,and it help keep the itching calm

[i:11292897d7]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:11292897d7]

• Posted

Wallace

I have LP, see my comment dated 17/10. Since then the steriod cream has been a great help but I'm still getting new patches starting up - it's not really gone away. One thing that helped me when it was really bad was a very hot shower over the areas most affected. When I say hot I mean hot! it takes away the itching for a while, it's good if you are trying to get some sleep but the itching keeps you awake.

Hope it helps

[i:5faefdf7e6]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:5faefdf7e6]

• Posted

My LP experience is over eight years now starting on the inside of my left ankle. I've been to numerous dermatologists and even homeopath. The homeopath helped tham one but it reoccurred somewhere else. Right now I have a patch on the inside of the foot between the two ankles and its very painful, sore and itchy. My doctor treats it steroid injections which helps break down the hard crust but it comes back within months. The last thing I tried was a moisterising cream and dermovate which the dermatologist recommended to use by wrapping the area with plastic wrap during the night and zyrtec tablets 10mg for the itching. This worked for the right foot, all disappeared but this particular spot on the left, it wouldn't help. I hope you could get some releaf from using the Zyrtec its just one a day for two weeks. I would like some help myself its very irritating and disgusting to look at, but it could be worse, because its only my feet.
  • Posted

HI, I HAVE HAD LP FOR OVER 20 YEARS NOW :cry: MOST OF IT HAS GONE THANKFULLY I'M NOW LEFT WITH SOME ON MY PENIS AND LIPS, BUT THE WORST AREA IS ON MY RIGHT LEG. OVER THE YEARS I'V TRIED MOST STERIOD CREAMS, TABS, PASTE BANDAGES.INJECTIONS, ALAS NOT ALL HAVE HELPED, IM NOW IN THE PREDICUMENT OF GOING TO HAVE A KNEE REPLACMENT, BUT WAS TOLD THERE IS NO WAY THIS COULD BE DONE BECAUSE OF THE LP ON MY LEG. THE CONSULTANT WHO I WAS TALKING TO SUGGESTED \"HAELAN TAPE\". I HAVE NOW BEEEN USING THIS FOR SIX DAYS NOW AND HAVE FOUND THE ITCHYNESS HAS DISAPPEARED, AND SLOWLY THE SCABS ARE STARTING TO HEAL :D DONT FORGET THIS HAS BEEN ON MY LEGS FOR OVER TWENTY YEARS AND AT LAST I CAN SEE AN IMPROVEMENT. HOPE THIS HELPS YOU OR ANY ONE ELES.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.