I have lycan planus since January 2015 ...what is the best treatment and any foods to avoid ..

Posted , 6 users are following.

Please give me advice regarding the lycan planus and what are the causes and what are the risk foods ...

gibin

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Avoid hot & spicy food & anything that makes your mouth burn. You can get an anesthetic mouthwash, which deadens the pain for a while. Avoid mouthwashes that contain alcohol. Have you seen your dentist or a maxilofacial doctor? I had to have a biopsy done of white blister-like lumps on my tongue & inner cheeks. All was OK. Just a precaution for what is an immune system problem. Not pleasant at all.
  • Posted

Hi!  I am sorry you have been diagnosed with Lichen Planus.  Is your Lichen Planus oral?  There are many others on the sight with more indepth information, but from what I can tell, it is different for each person.  No one really knows what causes autoimmune illnesses.  It's a frustrating illness.  I have oral lichen planus and I avoid spicy foods or anything with a lot of acid.  I can still have tomato sauces if I don't eat too much at one time.  Recently I was in San Diego where I ate a lot of fruit bowls (Acai Bowls).  They were wonderful, but i broke out with an ulcer on my lip.  I don't know for sure if fruit was the culprit, but I suspect it was.  I also avoid anything with sharp edges, like chips, etc.  I am on Mycophenolate, an auto immune suppressant.  I've been on it about 15 months and it has kept mine under control.  I am willing to stay on it about one more year as I begin investigate other ways to try and treat it.  Some people have had success with going gluten free or giving up sugar, acupuncture, etc.  Sometimes the illness just goes into remission.  I do believe stress plays a part in every illness we have.  That's hard to deal with when even having this illness is stressful.  Get regular exercise and eat healthy.  Take a multivitamin. I'm a vegetarian and get regular exercise, and I've still had autoimmune issues for several years. But I have a lot of stress in my life.  Stay positive.  I wish you well.
    • Posted

Sir Actually I have affected with my skin any remedies or foods to avoid
  • Posted

I also use children's toothpaste or buy a toothpaste without mint online.  Regular toothpaste burns.  And watch hot food because it'll burn your mouth very quicklly.  I have tried mouthwashes by doctors and I don't like any of them.  If you are in a lot of pain, you may benefit from trying them.
  • Posted

Hi Gi blin,

I have also had LP since January, not oral though, so I feel quite lucky compared to those who do have OLP.

After being given steriod cream by my doctor and starting to use that and other moisurisers, I got into a rythym of steriod cream in the morning and E45 cream whenever any itching occurred.

Never felt it was actually getting better though, just seemed to be holding it back a bit.

So 3-weeks ago I went Gluten free.  No wheat products and everything seems to have them in when you check the ingredients on a pack.  But there are lots of things yu can still eat and drink and I dont miss it.  In fact I've lost 7lb as well.

It is working I feel, what was a bumpy rash on my legs, itching all the time, is now a flatter, dark skin area and the itching is a lot less, at times non existent.

So I'm sticking with Gluten free and will see what happens

• Posted

It's nteresting that you noticed those results after only three weeks.  That's definitely on my list to consider in the near future.  As a vegetarian, it will be a little harder for me but I'm willing to try.
  • Posted

If your LP is oral, I have been able to keep mine in check, with occasional flair-ups by not using any toothpaste or mouth washes. Before you say gross check with your hygienist and they should tell you that these products are not needed for a healthy mouth. My sister has been a hygienist for over 15 years and I trust her completely. 

When I have a bad flair up I use what they call magic mouthwash so that I can brush and floss. At least 4 times a week I brush my teeth with baking soda. The other days nothing. The salt content helps kill the bacteria and I believe it is what is keeping my LP in check. I also switched to a water pick as well as flossing.

this is all I do and for me it is working very well.

i was first dig ignored in August of 2012. In that first year my mouth would be so sore that I would go days without eating. I am happy to say that now on most days I can even eat ketchup with no pain.

• Posted

A person on another blog for LP said that they had great results with taking coconut oil pills. It improved their hair and skin greatly. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.