I have lycan planus (skin rashes) on my body ..do you know what is the real cause ..any diet t avoid

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello friends ...I have the skin rashes called lycan planus on my skin.I have taken a course of oral glucocorticosteoroids for a month and used dermol cream.howver it appeared like coming again. On various body parts ...any foods to avoid ..I am really confused which food is causing this ...any good body lotion or ointment. ...how I can completely prevent it ...I think stress is one of the cause ...please reply if you got any remedy or experience. ...thanks

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

• Posted

If you have not seen a dr you should just to confirm that it is LP. I have oral L P. Which my dr said was brought on by stress. It is an autoimmune diease which is your bodies immune system attacking its self. On one of the other blogs for LP that I read someone with skin LP said that they were having great results taking coconut oil pills. They stated that the rough patches smoothed tramedisly as well as the redness and the itching. Their hair was also improving. 
  • Posted

I was told that this will never go away, but you might get it to go into remission good luck!
  • Posted

There are various vitamin companies on the Internet selling coconut oil pills. A less expensive solution is to purchase organic coconut oil and just eat two to three teaspoonfuls per day.  Some also do oil pulling with the coconut oil...which is letting it melt in your mouth and then forcing it through your teeth. You can even try the coconut oil on some test patches on your skin to see if it helps.  I put my lichen sclerosos in remission with the Paleo auto-immune diet...but it's not for everyone as it is extremely restrictive.  Sugar and gluten as well as nightshade vegetables would be the first foods to avoid to see if you have some improvement in your skin. Also taking a good multi-vitamin and a probiotic. Also...magnesium, calcium, D3 and K2 seem to have a positive effect...if you don't have success with the multi-vitamin and probiotic you may want to add them to your daily regimen. Some also find that their thyroid is low...so you may want to have that checked.
    • Posted

Great. ...thanks. ..actually I think stress is major problem and lack of sleep .I don't know beer have any problem because I drank foster beer everyday last year and took lot of wheat food (chapati , pooori) ...any suggestions. ..please forward ...
    • Posted

I was told that  stress was the cause of my OLP. It will help if you can find a way to relieve your stress. Not sure if you're religious or not but I learned to give  my problems to God and remember the phrase it's not my problem. That has worked wonders for me once I accepted the fact that I don't have to solve everybody else's problem and be there for everyone and take care of everything,  my stress level is tremendously decreased. 
    • Posted

I hear so much about stress as a cause...I think doctors turn to that sometimes as they just don't know what else to tell you.  I do believe it can be a factor as I know stress can be very damaging.  But I have these issues and I'm a very laid back person...things pretty much roll off my back...so in my case I just don't believe it is a contributing factor.
    • Posted

oh believe me it is a factor. I am the same way, I want to have fun, I don't worry about much. It takes a lot to make me angry and it only lasts for a few min. , but when I found out that I had OLP I was under the most stress that I have ever been under. I thought that I was handling the stress very well, but i was not sharing the stress with my husband and kept it to myself and that is when it does the most damage. 
  • Posted

Welcome to the club! I have lichen planus of the nails for which there is no treatment available.  I also have lichen sclerosis.  Where the sclerosis is of the skin of the upper body, my dermatologist has told me that mometasone is the strongest ointment available.  Nothing else helps.  It may be that mometasone is appropriate for planus of the skin too.  You really need to see a dermatologist familiar with this skin condition.  Talking to doctors who aren't is a complete waste of time.  I have found that dietary changes make absolutely no difference whatsoever in my case.  Stress is the trigger and, as mentioned before, it is generally thought that the problem lies with the auto-immune system which is why sufferers often have, or develop, other auto-immune problems.  You will find this forum a lifeline as not many people (including the medical profession) know anything about the family of "lichen" conditions.
    • Posted

Beer has sugar and yeast...wheat has gluten ...both would be best to avoid...at least for about 6 weeks to see if you have any improvement.
    • Posted

Thanks a lot ....

in my experience the risk factors are

stress without sleep

sea fish

nuts ,and related items

some people egg

soap allergy

best to avoid these items

I am going to avoid wheat and beer as well...

• Posted

Do you think vitamin tablets any good
    • Posted

Also recently I have taken too much pop corn

And chips do you think I need to avoid this ...and I am sure soap and body washes not good for skin ....

• Posted

I'm not sure where you live...but if you are in the US a body wash called cetaphil is very gentle.  If you can't find that you might want to try a baby wash for sensitive skin.  Also a pure olive oil soap is usually safe to use with skin issues.
    • Posted

Popcorn if you make it yourself is probably okay as it is considered non-gluten. Potato chips should be a no-no.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.